Where's Moss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
Moss? Have you returned from the Tree Climbing Rendevous?

I'm back

Five days climbing trees at 7800 ft. or so in the foothills of the Rockies, early morning climbs, afternoon and midnight climbs, full moon, blow you away sunrises, rainbows, great people, great food, climb, climb and climb some more, some good local brews on the cabin porch, met the swampy Maher brothers (Tree Climbers Coalition) in the shower first morning, bonfires and drums at night, mule deer under the tree, ponderosa pine and mountain sage everywhere, Golden Eagle, hummingbirds, Pygmy Nuthatch, howling coyotes, workshops, "SRT innovations" with Tom Dunlap and "Enter into Treetime" with Tim Kovar, did I say great people?

Recreational Tree Climbing Rendezvous '07

I built a new folding cart to take on the plane, worked great. Got me and my gear where I wanted to go, kids enjoyed it too
1332497559_0eb8658eac.jpg

Happy Moss up in a big old ponderosa
1332487479_51c3a88b8f.jpg

-moss

Last edited:
Hey, nice stuff there. Learn anything?

Pretty much non-stop learning the whole time. There were workshops every day, didn't attend all of them. Everytime you go up with another climber there's something to be learned whether they are new to it or experienced, everyone has their own take on climbing and being in trees.
-moss

Great pics as usual Moss. I'm going to be in your 'hood tonight at Fat Ram's:pumpkin2: give me a call if you have time for a:cheers:

21 YEARS?!?!?! Congrats!!!

Here's a pic of moss and I climbing an old, half-dead pondo one evening...

Thanks Nick! And now that Meg is climbing with me we should go another 20 years hopefully :)

Great pic in the pondersoa Nick though I can't stand looking at my face that big :) Was great watching the moon rise over the hills

Nick ran some awesome splicing workshops at the 'vous, unfortunately I played hooky and didn't attend, I had to be up in trees as much as possible. I was jealous of everyone walking around with cool spliced-eye split tails the'd made with Nick.
-moss

Great pics in your photo album, Nick. Those are the best pics I've seen of the redwoods. I love to see the climbing setups, most people only show the tree.
I assume your prusik is setup for fl. Are your hands above the hitch or below. Looks too close to your chest to get your hands beneath it. Nice clean setup, might want to try that out someday. Nice spliced eye on the end of that rope.

Congrats, moss!:clap:

Great pictures guys. Thanks for posting them. I like that traverse that was set up between the two ponderosas. Looks like a lot of fun being out there in between the two trees.

Great pictures guys. Thanks for posting them. I like that traverse that was set up between the two ponderosas. Looks like a lot of fun being out there in between the two trees.

I thought it would feel pretty scary out there but the opposite was true. The hard part was the last 15 feet climbing up the other side. Had to put the pedal to the metal to get the last few feet to the tree.
-moss

Latest posts

Back