Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20160315_095041.jpg Got a new bar since I was recently gifted a few loops of 58 gauge chain. Just a little 84 linker. I noticed it was a bit heavier than my stihl laminated 84 so weighed it. It was only 50 euro, so decided to give it a try even though the previous one peened within a season.

On the powermatch bars when the little plugs pop out they bind up with chips in the cut. The hole is postioned in about the same spot as your bar there and is about the same size. the other is nearer the mount holes. I was told the holes are where they mount the bars for machining. The plugs pop out when the bar has been flexed too much. I've stolen plugs out of old bars to put in newer ones cuz it gets really annoying when they bind.

We always put a slug in those holes when the plugs fall out. Press a bolt into the hole, then cut it off flush. Grind if necessary. Its pretty annoying when six little wood chips in that hole cause your bar to bind. They are used to hold the bars during manufacturing.

Back