Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nkila220

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was pretty set on buying brand new. I am considering the stihl ms362c for $680, the husqvarna 562xp for $690, as well as the husqvarna 555 for $550. Then this morning i got a txt from one of the guys at the dealer saying he has an ms 361 that he is building. New carb, crank seals, all rubber parts, and new piston. All OEM parts. with 20 inch bar and he will warranty it for 2 years. Wants $370 for the 361. Thoughts? Money is not a problem. If it was i would be going for the 361 without considering the new saws. Thanks!

I was pretty set on buying brand new. I am considering the stihl ms362c for $680, the husqvarna 562xp for $690, as well as the husqvarna 555 for $550. Then this morning i got a txt from one of the guys at the dealer saying he has an ms 361 that he is building. New carb, crank seals, all rubber parts, and new piston. All OEM parts. with 20 inch bar and he will warranty it for 2 years. Wants $370 for the 361. Thoughts? Money is not a problem. If it was i would be going for the 361 without considering the new saws. Thanks!

What are your plans with the saw ?

Firewood ? Lots of felling and limbing ?

They all good , some shine in certain areas.

Well i found out a bit more about the 361, cosmetically it is kinda scratched up.
As far as dolmar goes, i considered the 6100 as well. Problem is, not any dealers around my area.
The 555 looks like a pretty nice saw especially for $550. But i just hear that the 362c is the most reliable of the bunch?

What are your plans with the saw ?

Firewood ? Lots of felling and limbing ?

They all good , some shine in certain areas.
Firewood, thinning, storm cleanup of trees that blow over in the woods. I already have an 084 for anything pretty big, so thats why im going for a 60cc instead of a 70-80cc

With the Dolmar, online parts availability makes a big difference. Especially with some of the sponsors here amd it uses a common bar mount pattern. Ive always had parts delivered asap from ford150. It doesnt enter mind as an issue.

I am always price conscious even for 100-200. If u want a traditional carb I would go with 6100, auto tune 555. But honestly any one you pick will be great. I would try to handle each one and pick what feels best to you

Any saw you mentioned will work, as well as others mentioned. Since money is not a problem I would buy new.

Yea my thing with new is that its like having a clean slate. I will know everything about it from day one. Plus a factory warranty. Peace of mind i guess.
I'm the same way.

I looked pretty hard at the 60 cc this past weekend. I really like the feel of the 362 comparatively, as far as good they probably all are good saws choose which feels best.

I like a new saw as much as the next guy. But sitting here in Canada that 361 seems like a pretty sweet deal. I have ran one for 5 years now. Completely stock, nothing wring with it, muffler vibrated off once.

I haven't got my hands on a 562xp yet, but that also seems like a good deal, again, being in Canada its hard to judge. I also wouldn't write of the 550xp either. Depending on your age/condition you may appreciate the lightness of the saw in the coming years, and apparently they cut like a 60cc saw...

Latest posts

Back