Which Mill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's that working out for you Bob?

Um, yeah Bob, are you posting from your 880 ? :)

I fully understand, I didn't get involved with computers until early college when I worked at IBM Burlington (Vt.) in the chip slicing section. That was when they collaborated with the French and finally managed to put (reliably) 3 (THREE) transistors on a chip about 0.1cm by 0.1cm. I still remember the ladies who a few years earlier were stringing mag-core memory like tennis rackets.

Now if I had had a couple of 660's, a Mark III and a BSM I would have been milling my Dad's 30 acres!

But all I had was the Craftsman.
attachment.php

I'm fairly new to milling but have an Alaskan and love it. Tried a mini and didn't like it at all if you want any consistency. Only thing about any of them is you need a big saw to rip a log. If your handy and can weld, look through the posts here and make one. Not very hard to do. I should've built mine but didn't because I hadn't seen one first hand and needed one fast for a project. I will make my next one though...
I'm looking to weld a mini and large Alaskan soon and was wondering if you got around to welding one up? I would like to ask some questions

Back