Which saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJohn86

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I've got a bit of money spare and I'm treating myself.

Budget is £300.

I'm looking for a Stihl or a Husqvarna (preference is Stihl but only because I prefer the brand image).

Want something that can take a 20" bar (or ideally slightly longer so I can use an alaskan mill).

Happy with used, happy with a project, happy with old (as long as I can still get parts).

Currently looking at a Husqvarna 365 or potentially the Chinese copy Stihl MS066.

Gaz

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Find yourself a nice used ms360/361. It will handle a 20" pretty well. A "nice" one may exceed ur budget slightly but theyre around in varying states of use.
They look decent. Can just about squeeze one into the budget on eBay at the moment.

What's people's opinion on equivalent Husqvarnas? Seems like the same sort of specs come much cheaper in the Husky.

They look decent. Can just about squeeze one into the budget on eBay at the moment.

What's people's opinion on equivalent Husqvarnas? Seems like the same sort of specs come much cheaper in the Husky.

Cus deluxe is right
Just out of curiosity how much are the 365 clones there 230.00 us here i'm looking at them to play around with have a pile of parts.

Just over 200 GBP Inc postage here. If I was getting a clone I'd go for the Stihl MS660 though.

Im a husqvarna guy, just what i grew up using. 357xp would be a comparable saw in the same price range. Both are "pro" grade saws well, built, lots of oem and aftermarket parts support. 359 would also be a good option, very similar saw, just a different top end with a touch less power.

Just made an offer on a lovely 268XP with a long bar. Narrowly missed a 365 in bits on ebay.

Decision made. I bought a full restored 268XP. Brand new mains, barrel and piston, 26" bar and chain. Looks mint other than a burn on the top plastics. A few pounds over budget, but acceptable.

Good pick, those series always seem to burn the top plastic cover due to the muffler port. If its not to severe, cut it back with a dremel wheel. Post some pictures of the new baby also.

That's 374.00 here lol you did good throw up some pics when you run it.

There are pattern replacement covers on ebay for £6. So I'll probably get one and see what the quality is like.

c800c0c958378b05fdec55a921fac09e.jpg

This will be for use on my newly fabricated alaskan mill hopefully.

Latest posts

Back