White smoke Stihl FS 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critternator

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am putting together a Stihl FS 250 and it is producing white smoke when at high rpm. I have installed an aftermarket carburetor(savior) as part of the build. It is also spitting out a small amount of oil from the muffler. I run 250's at work and this one just doesn't seem to have the torque it should either. Ideas on the problem?

Thanks!

I am putting together a Stihl FS 250 and it is producing white smoke when at high rpm. I have installed an aftermarket carburetor(savior) as part of the build. It is also spitting out a small amount of oil from the muffler. I run 250's at work and this one just doesn't seem to have the torque it should either. Ideas on the problem?

Thanks!
Carb tuned too rich or bad fuel mix?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm using stihl 50:1 mix and the carb is tuned one turn out on both H & L. The same gallon of mix doesn't smoke in my blower.

Every engine is different. The 1 turn out is just a basic setting to get it started. I'm guessing it's just a tad rich. That aftermarket carb might be giving it more fuel than needed also

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back