Who is getting a splitter tomorrow?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Menards seems to have the best deal at 699, tractor supply is 100 off their regular one grand 22 ton, at least ordered online. I was looking to see if anyone had an electric one for like 99 bucks or something..snake eyes...

Snagged a 23 ton Champion at Rural King a few years back for $699 fully assembled ready to split. The neighbor got one of those DHT 27(?) ton at Menards for $699 last year, he had to assemble his and add oils/fuel, still a good deal though. I could have got the last one they had, display model, assembled, I didn't need it, figured I'd let one of y'all snag that deal! :yes:
Don't know of anybody personally buying a splitter this year

It seems like splitters are a little cheaper than they were a few years ago. Maybe the price of steel is down. Transport costs down with lower fuel prices

S
I scrounged for 3 years and built my own still have $1400 into it!!!
You guys south get all the good stuff!!
BBB
View attachment 464470
South, I guess mi is south of canada lol.
The county line 22ton is for sale at TSC for 850+shipping.
Just looked at your profile and got a good laugh, guess we are south:oops:. Sometimes I forget it's the WWW lol.

Chipper1, you're likely close with me. I'm across the lake and inline with Port Hope or Standish, you Southern redneck. My Dad's 2nd wife was from Fremont / Whitecloud area.
Right. I'm a half hr from downtown Grand Rapids and 45min from Lansing.
I lived on Dimond Lake in White Cloud for a summer in 93, small world.
Now about the redneck thing, would go there although if you google search redneck fail you might see a picture of me:laugh:.
Now I have been called a troll since we are down under the Mackinac bridge.

Menard's in Massilon got a 30 ton Forest King for $799.99 from 6:00-12:00 today . Supposed to be electric start and looks like its got a log rack.
I did it! I got the Menards splitter, I feel complete now ;) It was crazy, hundreds of people lined up to get in, nowhere to park, people ******** at us for trying to cut in line - when we weren't, no carts, elbow to butthole. But I got to say, they had lots of good deals and so far I'm happy with it! It's heavy, I used a skid loader to get it out of the truck. Relatively easy to put together, seems well designed. It's electric start, fired right up, and I was splitting wood like a fool. Then it got dark and more importantly, I got cold and hungry, so now I'm enjoying a nice fire from my couch at home :)

I did it! I got the Menards splitter, I feel complete now ;) It was crazy, hundreds of people lined up to get in, nowhere to park, people ******** at us for trying to cut in line - when we weren't, no carts, elbow to butthole. But I got to say, they had lots of good deals and so far I'm happy with it! It's heavy, I used a skid loader to get it out of the truck. Relatively easy to put together, seems well designed. It's electric start, fired right up, and I was splitting wood like a fool. Then it got dark and more importantly, I got cold and hungry, so now I'm enjoying a nice fire from my couch at home :)
Happy Thanksgiving... Enjoy

Yeah, fawk that. They could have been giving away beer and sacks of cash, still wouldn't have been enough to get me in there.

Prices on splitters have stayed pretty flat for over 5 years. The Countyline at TSC is the same price as the one I bought 2 years ago.

Steel is way down now. There are foreign (China) steel suppliers dumping the market with under-cost steel. Last I heard scrap steel was $20/ton. Scrap yards are full and holding inventory for it to go back up. The northern Minnesota iron mines are idling mines, and laying off people left and right.

I am curious how the newly designed forest king at Menards does. I haven't seen one in person but looks like it has the speeco design. Also curious why it would need an electric start? Seems weird it is the cheapest one and has the added cost and weight of a battery and starter.

Back