Who runs a Mac 10-10?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10-10

I got a mac 10-10 automatic, it runs pretty good. I got a 16" oregon powermatch bar with 72LGX on it and it cuts pretty good for an old saw. It isn't a jaw dropper, my 280 will smoke it. But it runs pretty good, turns 9500 RPM. It is REALLY loud. Barely a muffler on it, it's so tiny, it doesn't muffle sound at all. Actually prolly the loudest saw I have when buried in a log. In big cuts the craftsman/roper 3.7 will smoke it though.:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

The early 10-10's were good saws but so were the 10-10s models. and so was the 700 and 55, 555's I have a couple of old mac's I still like to play with! One being a SP60 It loves woood! The other a PM8200. I just sold a couple of 700's They are strong except for the noise and vibration I would not mind using them!

I have a Mac 2-10 right hand starter with auto oil and manual oiler. One thing about the ol rip, everyone knows when the "rat mac" is a running. For what it is, it does pretty well in the smaller wood, good enough to stop me, temperarily from a new 361. I have ran it next to a ms390, it is not far off. I would much rather spend time with the new saw though, kinda feel like I have been beat up after an hour or so cutting firewood with the 2-10.

Does the 2-10 have the "McCulloch" carburetor? I am pretty sure parts for that carb are all but extinct, the ones from the late 60's on up used Walbro carbs that still have parts availability. Thats partly why I am more into fixing up Homies, carb parts are available for saws going all the way back into the mid 50's.

Does the 2-10 have the "McCulloch" carburetor? I am pretty sure parts for that carb are all but extinct, the ones from the late 60's on up used Walbro carbs that still have parts availability. Thats partly why I am more into fixing up Homies, carb parts are available for saws going all the way back into the mid 50's.

Some have the Mac carb others don't. If you have a good saw with a bad Mac carb find a parts saw with a Walbro or Tillotson and swap it over, it's easy all the parts switch over. As stated there were so many of these made, parts saws are easy to find.

i have a few i mean a few mcculloch parts here if anyone ever needs any some of them i dont even know what they fit speaking of carbs i happen to have some mcculloch orginal carb kits too

Did these saws come with a mouthpiece to keep the vibes outa the teeth and factory installed earplugs? Mine has the mac carb on it, runs like a top, even idles with no probs. The right hand start is just wrong though.

Did these saws come with a mouthpiece to keep the vibes outa the teeth and factory installed earplugs? Mine has the mac carb on it, runs like a top, even idles with no probs. The right hand start is just wrong though.

I have a 2-10 that has the flat carb and runs just fine. When it ceases to do so, finding carb repair parts would be all but impossible. No matter how much I try, I just can't get used to the right hand start either.

I have a 2-10 that has the flat carb and runs just fine. When it ceases to do so, finding carb repair parts would be all but impossible. No matter how much I try, I just can't get used to the right hand start either.

What year did they make these righties? I think mine is a 1967 model. Musta had some left handed enginerds working for them.

Last edited:
Back