Who uses hydraulic pole saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro94lt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm just wanting your opinions on them pros/cons. Do they speed up bucket work?

If its alt of free fall stiff I likethe pole saw. Also some times if something is a few feet out of reach, rather than climb you can reach out with the pole saw. No stopping to gas it up. AND when something is maybe a little hazardous where youd rather not be right on top of it with a saw (maybe something you are roping out but there isn't really a good angle to cut fromthe bucket) use the pole saw. I personally like it.
I was wondering recently of they made a 16" or 20" hydraulic saw WITHOUT such a long pole because I would surely get one.
It's like a battery powered saw with more power and no refills.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

If its alt of free fall stiff I likethe pole saw. Also some times if something is a few feet out of reach, rather than climb you can reach out with the pole saw. No stopping to gas it up. AND when something is maybe a little hazardous where youd rather not be right on top of it with a saw (maybe something you are roping out but there isn't really a good angle to cut fromthe bucket) use the pole saw. I personally like it.
I was wondering recently of they made a 16" or 20" hydraulic saw WITHOUT such a long pole because I would surely get one.
It's like a battery powered saw with more power and no refills.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
U look like a big guy, so u could probably handle it, it would probably pull me out of the bucket! Almost bought a couple of them for $500 a couple years ago, but dude seemed sketchy, so I figured they where stolen and passed.

I tossed the idea around of buying one but they are so expensive. I can buy 3 stihl power pole saws for the price and they have more reach.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I tossed the idea around of buying one but they are so expensive. I can buy 3 stihl power pole saws for the price and they have more reach.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
They are made of metal the Hyd stick saw is fiberglass! It is my choice around wires with rubber gloves. Watch metal poles around wires!

I bought a bucket at auction, there was a sticksaw in one of the boxes. only problem with the saw the fiberglass shaft is broken can't find parts for it. I think it's made by black and decker.

I bought a bucket at auction, there was a sticksaw in one of the boxes. only problem with the saw the fiberglass shaft is broken can't find parts for it. I think it's made by black and decker.
You have a pic of it

In the line clearance industry they are a must have. However, for the private side it's a take it or leave it. You can get hydraulic saws from Reliable that a nearly 8' long, but the difficulty with using one is getting proper collar cuts and not nicking up the bark when trimming. The flip side is they are extremely handy when rigging because you can get out of harms way when making your cuts especially when you are rigging to pull the branch up or to one side or the other.

In the line clearance industry they are a must have. However, for the private side it's a take it or leave it. You can get hydraulic saws from Reliable that a nearly 8' long, but the difficulty with using one is getting proper collar cuts and not nicking up the bark when trimming. The flip side is they are extremely handy when rigging because you can get out of harms way when making your cuts especially when you are rigging to pull the branch up or to one side or the other.

I doubt that clearance trimmers care about a collar or even know what it is,,
Jeff

Latest posts

Back