Whole tree Harvesting, Western Wisconsin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBrown

more saws than I need
Reaction score
Anyone know of any companies set up for top chipping and logging in the Eau Claire Wi area? Looking into finding someone to clear 9 acres and remove all the tops.

What are you doing with the land? I'm on the other side of the state from you. Typically after i've taken the merch timber out the stumps are popped, shook off and pushed with the slash piles and burned. Chips don't pay and burning is a hell of a lot cheaper than chipping.

What are you doing with the land? I'm on the other side of the state from you. Typically after i've taken the merch timber out the stumps are popped, shook off and pushed with the slash piles and burned. Chips don't pay and burning is a hell of a lot cheaper than chipping.
that is what I am currently planning. Cutting all the pine for logs, all the rest for firewood poles, then burn all the slash and small stumps. I was just asking about chipping operations as an alternative. There isn't much marketable timber except for the pines. All the rest will have to be sold in the fall as firewood. I am clearing the lot for commercial use, 100% cut and stumps out. I will have use of excavator and cat.

Any biomass power plants nearby? I'm over in Stevens Point, we had a crew chip up our pulled stumps and slash for no cost.
I guess they just fill up semi trailers with chips and take them to the plant.

There might be something similar in your neck of the woods.

Any biomass power plants nearby? I'm over in Stevens Point, we had a crew chip up our pulled stumps and slash for no cost.
I guess they just fill up semi trailers with chips and take them to the plant.

There might be something similar in your neck of the woods.

Nearest biomass plant is XCel Energy in French Island.

Latest posts

Back