Why Chain Saw Sales Will Be Healthy...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I argree

Not a very cold winter in Maine. Global climate change isn't a one year occurrence, but you already know this.

Thanks for bringing some common sense to this always debatable subject. It has been said that global climate change -and its potential subsequent warming trend-will first be felt at the poles because they have the coldest average temp. The meaning of the terms "warm" and "cold" vary widely depending on who you ask. For someone to take a stand -one way or another- as to whether climate change is a reality, based on memories of feelings or perceptions they have of the past few winters is not considered a prudent way of reaching a scientific conclusion. However, I dont want to sound like I'm discrediting anyones debate. I'm not an expert on the subject so I'll stay out of it from now on. But I'm enjoying reading what everyone thinks. I do agree that if fuel prices keep going up ($4.08 for diesel where I am) chainsaw sales will do better and people will be cutting alot more wood for heating purposes- I am.

Last edited:
I think the real reason saw sales are up is because of the ridiculous amount of money it costs to heat with oil or lpg.

That's absolutely right on the money!

Regarding Global warming/climate change, it's not a crock as someone said, it's a fact. Not only is it fact but it's a cyclical phenom that happens and always has. As a matter of fact, this temperate time that we've florished (as a spieces) in during the past 12 thousand years is the exception and ice age is the rule according too ice core samples taken and read like tree rings. There's nothing we can do too stop it but we don't have to help too occur sooner either. :cheers:

PS: I've used more wood this year by about 25% than the past 3.:greenchainsaw:

Regarding Global warming/climate change, it's not a crock as someone said, it's a fact. Not only is it fact but it's a cyclical phenom that happens and always has. As a matter of fact, this temperate time that we've florished (as a spieces) in during the past 12 thousand years is the exception and ice age is the rule according too ice core samples taken and read like tree rings. There's nothing we can do too stop it but we don't have to help too occur sooner either. :cheers:

January didn't seem as harsh as last year. At least here near Bangah.

I've got bulbs up for the last couple weeks.

Global climate change is pretty hard to refute (although Gore himself is hard to take without a grin) if one has an open mind. Even Bush has had the good sense to soften his position.

There are still people that think the men on the moon thing was a government scam......

Don't mean to get too philosophical, but this world is going to look real different in a hundred years with the climate change, energy and water issues, and the west no longer the key economic power in the world.

But in the meantime I've got fresh square, strong saws, synthetic mix so I'm happy as a bug.

Last edited:
I've got bulbs up for the last couple weeks.

Global climate change is pretty hard to refute (although Gore himself is hard to take without a grin) if one has an open mind. Even Bush has had the good sense to soften his position.

There are still people that think the men on the moon thing was a government scam......

Don't mean to get too philosophical, but this world is going to look real different in a hundred years with the climate change, energy and water issues, and the west no longer the key economic power in the world.

But in the meantime I've got fresh square, strong saws, synthetic mix so I'm happy as a bug.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Asian-Hem...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205343892&sr=8-1

Good read about the shift of power from the west back to the east.

Yes saw sales should go up. Yes the globe gets warmer then colder then warmer again. Yes we as humans can do more to help it rather then argue about why. How about lowering your usage of certain products and decrease your hydrocarbon output among other things? just my info. :welcome:

I certainly agree that there has been enormous variation in temperature during the billions of years since the formation of the Earth, and also agree that man has to stop treating the Earth like a sewer. However, regarding your statement that ice ages are the rule rather than the exception, I would disagree at least partially, because there was certainly a prolonged period of warmth (many millions of years in fact) far north of the Arctic circle to permit plant growth sufficient enough to create billions of barrels of oil on Alaska's North Slope.

I certainly agree that there has been enormous variation in temperature during the billions of years since the formation of the Earth, and also agree that man has to stop treating the Earth like a sewer. However, regarding your statement that ice ages are the rule rather than the exception, I would disagree at least partially, because there was certainly a prolonged period of warmth (many millions of years in fact) far north of the Arctic circle to permit plant growth sufficient enough to create billions of barrels of oil on Alaska's North Slope.

Don't forget plate tectonics.

Don't forget plate tectonics.

Yep!

Also, Yeh, yeh,(intake of breath) We Herring chokers have to agree that Jan was anomolous too the rest of the wintah round Bangah and downeast. Probably it's the snowfall amounts this ye'ah that make this wintah seem such a bugaboo. :cheers:

January didn't seem as harsh as last year. At least here near Bangah.

I think that is supposed to be "Bangerr". At least that's the way it is pronounced when some of these wonder products are advertised.(Produced by "Outtastaters" don't ya know.)

I'm with Zodiac on more wood being used this year. I'm about 40 miles NW of Bangor, and it is a world of difference between here and there.

I have noticed the last few years, that we are not getting the -25/30F temps that we used to receive. However, I believe that over all this winter has been cooler.

I think that is supposed to be "Bangerr". At least that's the way it is pronounced when some of these wonder products are advertised.(Produced by "Outtastaters" don't ya know.)

I'm with Zodiac on more wood being used this year. I'm about 40 miles NW of Bangor, and it is a world of difference between here and there.

I have noticed the last few years, that we are not getting the -25/30F temps that we used to receive. However, I believe that over all this winter has been cooler.

You are probably right. I don't remember many days walking out the door and having snot instantly freezing in my nose like last year. Not very scientific.

You have a lot worse weather there than here, for sure.

If you can't screw ah in Brewah, cross the bridge to Bangah!

Back