Why do people still buy stihl saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do people still buy Stihls.

They are good saws and there are plenty of dealers near where I live. Echos suck and there are no Husqvarna dealers nearby.

Does that work?

(Disclaimer: I own an Echo 510EVL that serves as a pinch saw)

Endless question here. I like both brands, Stihl built a lot of great saw (020/MS200t, 026, 034, 036, MS361, 044, 046, 461, 066, 661, 088, 090, and the greatest, the 064 of course!)

Actually, the Husky lineup is better (just my humble opinion), some saws are hard to beat (346, 550, 560/562, 372, 395, etc)

Just buy what you like!

Know what you mean , I'm getting semi professional (means I cut trees into firewood , 4-5 days a week during 4-5 months a year). last Saturday a new to me 550 Xp (18" bar) arrived , used it now 3 days in a row (10-12 tanks). Wow that baby screams.
Leaving in 1 hour to start a day of cutting , in my van Echo 280evl (top handle) , 550 xp , 372 xp , 395 xp and 450 as back up. 75 % of the time the 550xp , rest 372 xp , love those Huskys.......

Know what you mean , I'm getting semi professional (means I cut trees into firewood , 4-5 days a week during 4-5 months a year). last Saturday a new to me 550 Xp (18" bar) arrived , used it now 3 days in a row (10-12 tanks). Wow that baby screams.
Leaving in 1 hour to start a day of cutting , in my van Echo 280evl (top handle) , 550 xp , 372 xp , 395 xp and 450 as back up. 75 % of the time the 550xp , rest 372 xp , love those Huskys.......

That's a nice saw team! If you come in my region (Alsace), I'll let you run my ported 346's, you'll like them too!

Hey man I'm just busting balls !!!!!!!!!!!!They all run good unless they are junk piles LOL they all make some POS models and brand don't matter !!!I have a pos 562xp Id like to send trough the chipper everyday its total junk!!!!!!!!
Then why not say you'd like to use your 562expee for a door stop or a boat anchor? Just wondering?

Hey man I'm just busting balls !!!!!!!!!!!!They all run good unless they are junk piles LOL they all make some POS models and brand don't matter !!!I have a pos 562xp Id like to send trough the chipper everyday its total junk!!!!!!!!

what don't you like about it? did you get a problematic one? mines been flawless although it doesn't have the balls for anything over 26". i wouldn't even consider any other saw for tree spacing or engineer work.

It"s the most reliable equipment I put in my truck.

Me too. My 562xp has been flawless even though I bought after it had been abused for 2 years in a commercial environment. Dumped the hydraulic fluid out of the oil tank and went to cuttin'.

I wish I would have posted a properly written version of that statement on the very first page of this thread.

Oh wait............I did.
dr evil quote.jpg Yore Wellcomb.jpg

Back