Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no timber fallers on ax men anymore?

Discussion in 'AxMen Fan Forum' started by RUSHNBOBO, Apr 10, 2013.

1. capetrees

capetrees Addicted to ArboristSite

Currently no different that Nosak Tree.

2. LittleLebowski

LittleLebowski ArboristSite Guru

Is there a season in which they...actually work with timber? I tried the newest season, hoping my family could sit down and enjoy some axe/chainsaw work and it was awful, staged, and there was no timber work.

3. fubar2

fubar2 Addicted to ArboristSite

They prefer to throw their chainsaws over using them so they probably don't run anyhow.

Nathan lassley likes this.
  4. Nathan lassley

Nathan lassley ArboristSite Operative

first two seasons after that it's all down hill. I just stick to deadliest catch now, they still show people doing a very hard dangerous job. You can't stage almost an entire crew dying when a ship capsizes

5. MattG

MattG Amygdala Man

I know this an old thread :laugh: but when did this series turn bad? I've only watched it recently in UK, by purchasing the DVDs from Amazon. My wife just got me series 3+4 and it still seems to be reasonably good.... I'm not sure wherever is as much actual timber falling as in the first two series... When did the falling stop?

EDIT:
    Sorry I only just caught up with @Nathan lassley 's last post. So it looks like series 1+2 are the only ones with decent tree work (climbing and falling), and it goes downhill from there on :(

6. Nathan lassley

Nathan lassley ArboristSite Operative

Firemoore98 and MattG like this.
  7. MattG

MattG Amygdala Man

Well I'll probably not buy anymore than series 3-4.

I'm currently halfway through Series 3.... and it basically seems pretty good...as a show since I don't really watch any TV. Me and the wife find J and J Smith (the Aqua Loggers) absolutely hilarious....both of them seem quite sharp and the shouting matches are fun :laugh:

And yeah I find Shelby's swampland exploits pretty cool.

I guess that they stopped the falling because of insurance/risk etc. I remember in, was it series 2? the odd barber chair happening or nearly happening.....but I think that it's BS them stopping filming falling due to that. I mean logging is dangerous, period, show it like it is. And why the TV teams aren't prepared to take the same risks as the loggers is bad in my view....I mean plenty of journos go to war zones, and the odd stunt man/actor gets killed when things go bad....

Well that's my take....the TV teams just want a product where they can sell loads of advertising space....with minimum investment (i.e. pay+insurance) themselves :(