Why this site honestly blows

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeans

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have nothing against most of the honest people from the industry here but what the heck is this place? An arborist by what I was taught was a climber or a guy that went up in a bucket, a faller or cutter is what you expect they made a living cutting or falling timber. Now the rest of this site is a bunch of firewood hacks or wood roaches that shouldn't own or have saws I my opinion if they can't figure out what size they need or this or that hell all they need is a sawzall that's it. Sorry for this rant just going off the main page this place needs redirected thank you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have nothing against most of the honest people from the industry here but what the heck is this place? An arborist by what I was taught was a climber or a guy that went up in a bucket, a faller or cutter is what you expect they made a living cutting or falling timber. Now the rest of this site is a bunch of firewood hacks or wood roaches that shouldn't own or have saws I my opinion if they can't figure out what size they need or this or that hell all they need is a sawzall that's it. Sorry for this rant just going off the main page this place needs redirected thank you.

There's the door.

I like seeing all the newbs, hacks, saw zealots, arm chair Paul Bunyans, and wood scroungers.

Sometimes they remind me not to do stupid stuff, sometimes I just get a laugh, every now and again I find they are lazy and I steal their good ideas for saving effort!

There is a small "X" on the upper right corner of your screen that will eliminate the problem for you. And for heaven's sake, learn some freaking punctuation.

Betcha it were tiped wit all thumbs, re. : Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk:givebeer:

You have every right to your opinion & rant, but my opinion is you are being a bit harsh, every one has to start somewhere/time & at least if they are on here asking what you consider dumb questions if they act on the advice it shows they are possibly trying to gain knowledge it is somewhat similar on most forums if it offends you don't click on the post I just read what I consider is worth reading Take a deep breath Have a beer/coffee & chill, lifes to short & full of much more serious problems than getting orbital over post on this forum.

Hey, the fallers pissing in every corner of their logging area scarred me faw life. So I don't bother wasting their time and leave 'em to it. It don't seem to matter to them I've watched nearly all episodes of axemen. I mean, like, whatever, their loss.

I'm surprised this hasn't been deleted yet. When I was speaking anarchy a few years ago I was given some stern warnings. Skeans for the most part you are right. You have to think of it as more of entertainment. The other site worth looking at is so Kumbaya it makes me a little sick although they do have some good info over there is you break something. Now if you want to fall a tree on that site you better know how to bore cut because that's about all they got. I kind of gave up on all internet related logging stuff. That's why it's just entertainment at this point for me.

speaking of bore cutting...

chaired one thursday, and had one tear the strap out yesterday....

So far them might be the only 2 I've bore cut this year.

I bore cut one a couple weeks ago. Leaning DF with a twist to it, not real tall, big heavy top, nothing fancy needed as it was leaning where it needed to go anyway. I had a hinky feeling about it chairing so I thought "Hey, this might be one time a bore cut would work." so I did it. Faced it up, bored it, snipped the trigger. Down she went and then split wide open when it hit the ground. Never seen one do that exactly, so much wind shear in that one that it was like a bundle of bamboo!

Oh well, limbed her up and she went on the firewood load. Somebodys getting spoiled with such an easy splitting log full of sap.:laugh:

I can say I'm not an arborist. I do cut plenty of trees from the cab of a machine though.

It'd be nice to be able to chat with more like minded folks, I'd venture to guess easily 50% of the people on here have never run logging equipment beyond a chainsaw.

I joke with my brother that the forums are full of chainsaw polishers. Internet "experts" that arent actually experts. Most of the experts are busy working vs playing on the interwebs.

Ehh, this place is 15 or so years of the best minds on the web on these subjects interspersed with a bunch of not-so-great minds. It just takes a little effort to weed out the chaff. Worth it, I say. It's not like there are too many similar resources out there.

You have every right to your opinion & rant, but my opinion is you are being a bit harsh, every one has to start somewhere/time & at least if they are on here asking what you consider dumb questions if they act on the advice it shows they are possibly trying to gain knowledge it is somewhat similar on most forums if it offends you don't click on the post I just read what I consider is worth reading Take a deep breath Have a beer/coffee & chill, lifes to short & full of much more serious problems than getting orbital over post on this forum.
T1

Latest posts

Back