why would husky/jonsered market a saw that runs this poorly???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bash the 562 more than any other saw. Not because it is a crappy saw though. It's a great saw......one of my favorites. BUT.......the carb issues on the 562 should have been treated to a model wide recall. The 550 gets a harsh review too because of the transfer seal thing. That was nothing more than sloppy QC. Still, the 550 is another one of my favorite saws to run. Will I recommend either one to a guy that knows little about saws? Hell no.

Not yet but they only have a few. Most of which spend their time in the shop for running issues. They were just in this week. They have replaced the carb and module on every saw they own and they still won't idle. 8 mtronic saws sitting at the Stihl dealer because they won't idle. They run WOT but nothing else. I think he said they have 15 or so total. They are still under warranty so I'm not working on the electronic side of them yet. I need to get the software if that's possible?
Ammo for the Husky guys...:laugh:

I had 2 of them and sold one 2 weeks ago along with alot of other 60cc saws..

Good runners stock..absolutely..better than a stock 562..i havent seen that yet..

But i base it on MY expierence..not what others say..maybe im wrong..

simplicity, durability, performance.

Simplicity..cant argue that i had mine down to the crank in about 15 minutes , and im not half the saw mechanic some on here are..i wouldnt wanna tear any of these new saws down to the crank..it looks like a pain

Durability..obviously , its been around a long time now..but i guess that depends on who owned/operated it..and maybe some of these new models will be around in 10-15 years..who knows.

Performance.. stock for stock , i dont think its superior to a 562/2260 in any way really , the one 261/262 i have left is a nice runner with a muffler mod and tighter squish and in immaculate shape but it doesnt "smoke" a 562..atleast not in my expierence..the guy i got it from cut a few cords of firewood with it

I dont really see it as an arguement don..not at all actually , i dont get mad about saws :laugh:..i hope i never do

but some models on here get praise and recommended by people who have ZERO expierence with them , or have a minimal basis for the praise they give

These are all good saws..some faster..some slower..some lighter..some heavier

"Better" is like "beauty"..its in the eye of the beerholder.

Back