Wicked Hinge Wood (pic)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

i'm not slagging you, but i'm curious why you didn't side notch or bore or anything?

Whoahhhh, left a bit early did it? You look a bit stressed there mon (jk jk), glad it fell okay for ya m8!

(Great pic too btw)

:cheers:

Serge

Nice pic.. I really miss my fire days just for the interesting cutting it provided. I'm a big fan of the boring backcut on those heavy leaners but even that isn't always a sure bet. I had a downhill leaner pull loose about 3/4 through the bore cut last week while firewooding...my boxers are still recovering from that pucker. :greenchainsaw:

Dang,
Did that explode on you while at the stump or did you see or hear it start to go and have time to get the hell away?

Here's a pick of a doug fir I cut on a fire this past summer. I was using a 42" bar on a MS660. The tree was probably 5+ ft on the butt and seriously leaned at probably a 45 degree angle toward the road. A shallow under cut and the end result is...

Wowsers! Cool pic - thanks for sharing! :cheers:

Dang Slinger, you are going to have to work on that 66 some more if you want to keep up on the back cut of those head leaners.:cheers:
Glad it turned out ok for you.
When I was 16 the logger i worked for in AL had a much smaller pine blow up on him while he was dogging the saw around the back of the tree. A splinter busted the back of his hand open. You could see the a tendon through the wound. The tough old man put some pine sap on it, smoked a cigarette and went back to work.

Maybe no time for such nicities on a fire??

Nah, there's usually time.

Sling'r, I feel like I'm slipping or something, I didn't realize you did fire work. Good deal. I'm thankful for the pro fallers that'll come out and take care of the stuff we agency C fallers are too sissy to fall. Great learning for us, too. Nice pic, nice saw.

Nah, there's usually time.

Sling'r, I feel like I'm slipping or something, I didn't realize you did fire work. Good deal. I'm thankful for the pro fallers that'll come out and take care of the stuff we agency C fallers are too sissy to fall. Great learning for us, too. Nice pic, nice saw.

+1 When the "S" hits you can never have too many qualified fellers.

Nice pic Sling'r. That must have been something coming down.......:jawdrop:

Back