wicked work saw surgery update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlandrum

dealer,saw builder
Reaction score
I was trying to get everyones stuff shipped out by the time my surgery date came around but it s not going to happen. so,,i called and had the surgery put off for another 3 weeks that way I can make sure im cought up before im laid up. if theres any body near wartburg that could use a few days of cash wages to help me get this service work out of my way give me a call. im swamped with service work on the mowers and trimmers so im not at all able to port during the day. im still working 2 shifts and the pile is getting smaller but dang my shoulder is messssed up and puts a real damper on getting anything done with haste. for those of you that pray please put me on your list. lord knows I need it.thanks

Terry, thanks for the update. I'm sure those extremely long hours and days make it nearly impossible to respond to many PMs and phone calls. At least those of us waiting for saws know they will be getting sent out within the next month. Good to hear the pile is starting to show signs of shrinking. We all wish you a successful surgery and speedy recovery once you get in there.

Back in 2006 before I got my shoulder surgery, I was doing wildlife surveys on the river. For cash. Every day I was out there. So I went to a doctor, explained I had a surgery date (I provided her all the info so she could check if she wanted), and then explained my situation. She gave me enough meds so I was able to lift my arms enough to hold binoculars so I could make some good money. She was one of the good ones. Maybe you could get a small 'script to make it through. I know I was unable to get my arm up without real pain.

I know the feeling. I have a cot, pillow and blankets at the shop when it's just not worth going home.... my house is only about a mile away.

im still here at the shop ,its almost 9:30 and the phone is still ringing lol ill never get cought up

Taking care of your customers is important (I have a knack for pointing out the obvious), but also take care not to further damage your shoulder.

I have a couple of stupid questions, might as well ask them here. In another thread the subject of actual saw run time came up. In logging, on an average day (if there is such a thing), how many hours is a saw used for felling? on the landing?

First, best wishes for a speedy recovery, I've run one of your saws at a GTG, so I know you do great work.

Second, what you are doing is very noble, but any customer who does not understand that your health is more important than their project is not worth having.

Take care of yourself first. Anyone worth dealing with will understand.

Recovery from shoulder surgery'll take some time - especially if you're anything like the rest of us and just can't sit still. Pretty sure that's the case. Being self-employed makes that recovery process even harder on us. But ya gotta do it, Terry. Sending you a roll of duct tape. Have someone tape the hand of that damn arm to your belt so you can't use it and mess it up more, lol

Good on you for knocking out those last remaining jobs. Folks need their saws, you need the jingle for while you're in "recovering from surgery" mode, and it's just good for our heads knowing that our workbench is clear.

Praying God guides your surgeons hands, makes short work of the rest of your health challenges and in doing so restores peace and joy to your life, Terry. Grace and peace, brother.

My saw arrived yesterday! Can't wait to try it out. Thanks again Terry. I along with many others on here admire your desire to ensure the customer is taken care of, even when it requires working through pain.

I go under the knife in 7 days. so I have to be done by Thursday. I am down to 12 saws now.i have a 3120xp,357xp,2-395xp,2-346xp,ms440,4-390xp,2188. I have a very good friend cutting the chambers on the 390 and 2188 cylinders to save me some time on getting those 5 done. I think i might actually make it to the finish line barring anything happening between now and then.

Latest posts

Back