wildthing max rpm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have started working on a strato wildthing, what can I expect for max rpm's in this thing, I opened the muff. a bit and have 12000 rite now but it seems there could be more, what are others getting out of these?

John

I bought it for a loaner saw at a garage sale for $35, it is in like new condition with case & manual, that was 4 years ago and I've only loaned it out once and now I'm bored and need something to work on.
I took off that scuzzy skip safety chain and put on a 91 oregon and we'll see where we go from here.

John

Realize that the max no load rpm it goes to does not mean much - it is determined by the point at which the fuel mixture gets so rich it can't run any higher and is useful only for setting the mixture.

I bet that saw surprises you - unfortunately it doesn't have A/V

I have started working on a strato wildthing, what can I expect for max rpm's in this thing, I opened the muff. a bit and have 12000 rite now but it seems there could be more, what are others getting out of these?

John
Hey long time no talk since the gtg in Wadena. I had a good time swapping saws with you.

Hey long time no talk since the gtg in Wadena. I had a good time swapping saws with you.
Yeah, that was a hoot, I almost went out & got a Stihl 028 super today that needed some tuning, but I noticed the super decal on the filter cover didn't look rite so I went on line and looked at 028 super's and none of them had a decal, all the info is on the rivited tag, this one did not have that, so I will pass on it.

John

I se a lot of 026 saws claimed as pro too they never used stickers on those. It was determined by the oiler and comp release.

My 026 pro came from the saw shop new with a pro sticker on the air cleaner cover, I removed the sticker cause I didn't like the looks. lol

My 360 has a pro decal on the cover.
After more research it looks like the only way to be sure the 028 is a super is to look in the plug hole for a popup piston, it has one from the factory.

John

Realize that the max no load rpm it goes to does not mean much - it is determined by the point at which the fuel mixture gets so rich it can't run any higher and is useful only for setting the mixture.

I bet that saw surprises you - unfortunately it doesn't have A/V
I was just looking for some peramiters, these strato saws sound different to me and I use the tach. to help these 74 year old ears.
I have never been bothered by vibration in saws but I will say if I had to use this paint shaker all day It would be left on top of the first load out.:crazy:

John

Back