Will Malloff has left us.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad, Will certainly made many see a chainsaw could be used outside the intended cross cutting purpose. That information helped many through out the globe build a better life, and gave them options they never had. He will not be forgotten.

His book got me started chainsaw milling in the 80s and probably inspired many thousands others since then. He will be missed.

A bit more on Will

Reading of Will Malloff's passing prompted me to look further (a Russian-named British Columbian hinted "Doukabor" to me); sure enough, he was one of the Spirit Wrestlers -- read more at
http://www.spirit-wrestlers.com/excerpts/Inquirer/People/Malloff_Will.html; and learn even more by following "doukabor" into the www.
He embodied that spirit of DIY and share-with-others that is sustained in this forum. We can be so lucky.

I met one of his family at an estate sale, Will had left behind all manner of tools, jigs, wood, and books. It bright me back to my child hood spending time with my grandfather, who was a machinist. I let him know Will had a large group of friends online, he was glad to hear it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this.
I value Will's book a lot. It provided the incentive to finally acquire an Alaskan mill and a MS880

Latest posts

Back