Will Strato charged motors be less reliable long term?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The XT 365/372's are fine, but suffer from people not tuning them properly, trying to get the same rpm's the old saws had. Tune to 13,000 or a little less and they will run fine. That's where all the failures came from. Small bar, too many rpm's, with a heavy piston, = boom. The way most so called professionals run and maintain their equipment is amazingly pathetic.
The last one I sent out of the shop, I tuned fatter than normal..
Talked to Bill the other day, and it's still kicking and has not been stolen or run over yet.. So we shall see if this one will actually make it to it's 2nd birthday...
Note:
I had to remove limiters to get it enough fuel for my liking.

The last one I sent out of the shop, I tuned fatter than normal..
Talked to Bill the other day, and it's still kicking and has not been stolen or run over yet.. So we shall see if this one will actually make it to it's 2nd birthday...
Note:
I had to remove limiters to get it enough fuel for my liking.
I did not know that worked to prevent saw theft! :laugh:

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/project-stumpbroke-365xt.210321/

A thread stumpy did ,has some good info

100_2410.jpg

Nothing wrong with a 365 if you know how to make it 372 spec. Even the way they are is respectable and can be had quite a bit cheaper than the xp372. Don't forget the 365 has been around many moons longer than husky wanted it to be, there must be a reason for this. l have a nice tripple nickel and sure its a detuned 562 but build quality is the same and you get an all orange saw and not the grey clutch cover. You also get a small bar mount so you can run smaller lighter bars.

Nothing wrong with a 365 if you know how to make it 372 spec. Even the way they are is respectable and can be had quite a bit cheaper than the xp372. Don't forget the 365 has been around many moons longer than husky wanted it to be, there must be a reason for this. l have a nice tripple nickel and sure its a detuned 562 but build quality is the same and you get an all orange saw and not the grey clutch cover. You also get a small bar mount so you can run smaller lighter bars.
Mind you, this is only my opinion..
But the true quad port 365 special is a way better saw than the 372xt even at 65cc.
With relative ease, they can be made to where anyone without a stopwatch can't tell the difference...
Except they'll last longer...
Just my opinion..

Sounds like a cheap way to get into a 372.
Yes, cheap..
Thus, this particular crew runs em'.
There was a time when you couldn't pry a 372 out of my hands. However, IMO the new 562 I have is a much better saw for assorted reasons. Hopefully Husky comes up with a 70cc version.

Latest posts

Back