will this winter ever end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 degrees this morning . im still burning non stop . an average winter is about 20 face cord , I may go through 30 this winter . ugh
Winter would be done if you used real cords instead... haha!
Been in the low to mid 40s here, 20s at night.

I hear ya AllStihl. I'm in Owego, NY. Seems like we're doomed to more suffering. I hope it's not a repeat of last year. None of my apple trees blossomed. No blossoms, no apples. Like you I'm burning non stop way beyond what I thought I would burn.

We had a week or so of warmer weather more than a few days ago. That was a nice break but, right back at it eh? I've been cuttin up next years logs for over a week to keep the fire going. Im on the hunt for more logs. Seems everyone is behind on getting logs delivered. The snow we got up here in February was crazy. I think a lot of loggers couldnt get into any new sites because of it. It might of keept them out of the ones they were in also.

I hear ya AllStihl. I'm in Owego, NY. Seems like we're doomed to more suffering. I hope it's not a repeat of last year. None of my apple trees blossomed. No blossoms, no apples. Like you I'm burning non stop way beyond what I thought I would burn.
a buddy of mine up your way tells me that your 4 seasons are, almost winter , winter , still winter and construction

You must be in a dif weather pattern than usual as here in lower Mich. we have pretty much been consistant mid 40s everyday with about a once a week high of 60 or so with a weekly overnight low of say 15. Our snow is pretty much gone except for out in the woods (light covering) and where it was piled up by plows. Out west it has been much warmer than normal. I have a friend who lives in Montana and she was posting pics of crocus blooming about a month ago with no snow to be seen. I have family who live in Sault Ste Marie Mi. and I guess they still have lots of snow up their. Thats about 260 miles north of me, I live about 30 miles north of Grand Rapids Mi. Hang in their im sure warmer weather is coming. At least you can still have a garden etc. out west has been so dry and warm they soon will have no water and no local food. Not good for long term sustainability IMO.

I hope it's not a repeat of last year. None of my apple trees blossomed
3ce6.jpg

Haven't really seen much winter yet. Usually get 4-5' of snow over the winter, this year about 1-1.5 ft. Been in the 50's & 60's during the day since mid Feb. Think we've burned 2 cords this winter.

Haven't really seen much winter yet. Usually get 4-5' of snow over the winter, this year about 1-1.5 ft. Been in the 50's & 60's during the day since mid Feb. Think we've burned 2 cords this winter.
I probably burnt 2 cords in February.

We got some well needed rain. 1/2" or so. But, temps dropped below freezing, and now it gonna get nasty. Hope it holds off till it thaws. Branches and power lines are not going to like it. Got the stove fired up again for the first time in a couple weeks. Weather has been too nice, other than last few days. Got lazy and kicked the propane on. Good to let it run a little.

We got some well needed rain. 1/2" or so. But, temps dropped below freezing, and now it gonna get nasty. Hope it holds off till it thats. Branches and power lines are not going to like it. Got the stove fired up again for the first time in a couple weeks. Weather has been too nice, other than last few days. Got lazy and kicked the propane on. Good to let it run a little.

You suck!

I finished splitting and stacking Sunday morning for the season, It got to about 51 then Monday morning I woke to 3-4 inches of snow. This weather SUCKS!
Let me rephrase this, as we have been more fortunate than a lot of you guys that have had record or near record snow falls and colder temps than around here. I mean to say I go through this crap every year thinking we are finally out of all the nasty $%^& and then a cold front whips through and dumps a heavy load of snow and ice on us when your senses have been lulled and your thinking BBQ's and beer. Shoot, in my little commute to work area, my buddy had 11 wrecker calls Monday morning, seems everyone already forgot how to drive!

Go guys think you have it bad. We have 4 to 5 feet of snow on the ground right now with no really warm temps in the forecast. It's gonna be May before it's gone. I probably won't be able to get any wood until June.

Back