will this winter ever end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read about cold therapy before . It's really quite interesting what the human body can be trained to endure . It's very far above the average persons comfort tolerance level . This winter has beat me up physically and emotionally ,I'd rather train to endure sunny warm beaches along the ocean with a fishing pole in my hand
Remember Harry Houdini.

I'm about 20m away from the OP and that's my experience/sentiments too. 33 here this AM but a fresh wet snow has coated the ground ...have been burning WOT since Oct. Enough already.

Also 33° here this mornin'... but no fresh snow, and on our way to ("they" say) 69° this afternoon.
And unbelievably... nothin' in the 10-day forecast shows anything below the freezin' mark overnights.
Thinkin' that'll do it... over the hump and all down hill from here on.

Although... gotta' keep in mind, two years ago we received a May blizzard.
Accordin' to the field tilers there's still some heavy frost 'bout two feet down... we need a good warm(ish) rain to drive the final nail in ol' man winter's coffin for the season.

39 here this morning. We had extreme high winds and a couple of good rains yesterday. My truck is cleaner than its been in months thanks to that.

My neighbor had one of those pipe and tarp Quonset huts. Yesterday's wind pretty much destroyed it. I looked outside and one end was three feet in the air.

thanks for the half a story...WTP??? where was the other end????
Still on the ground. If one end gets loose the wind bends the hell out of the frame then the fabric rips and pretty soon you've got parts all over the yard. Neighbor saw what was happening and took the rest down.

I had one of those one time and it suffered a similar fate. Unless you have it tucked into an area with heavy tree cover those things always succumb to death by wind and/or heavy snow.

Latest posts

Back