wll cell vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what was the tarp for?
half the tree broke out in a wind storm and poked holes in the roof,we cleared the house and put the tarp up at about midnight to keep the rain out.

same tree

attachment.php

ah I can see where the tree must have tore off onto the roof in the photo.
we pulled in well after dark, set up some stadium lights, and you could hardly see any house under the tree. the climber is 6ft 2in, that should give you an idea of how big the tree was. the pic and vid was taken 2 days after the storm when we returned to finish up. the top cut was measured at 48ft after i threw it.

Last edited:
From the video it looked like a good size pine. I have been always a bit leary about having white pine so close to a house. just from climbing them I know they are so damn brittle. looks like that one had a couple tops if so was it from Pryor storm damage from years back or just natural?

From the video it looked like a good size pine. I have been always a bit leary about having white pine so close to a house. just from climbing them I know they are so damn brittle. looks like that one had a couple tops if so was it from Pryor storm damage from years back or just natural?
it was still a good bit away from the house but it was so tall it looks close, it also leaned towards the fence [opposit of the dz] and split into two tops. the crotch had deep inclusions and was no mach fer the 60+mph wind gusts. my brother took the vid on his cell so its not high res or a quality vid. i wish i had more vids but im usualy to busy working to fool around. the top was pulled using the f350 4x4 p/u just to be sure.

at the end of the vid you can see a red car, look at the tree they built the upstairs deck/ guest house around. we removed that a long time ago. that was my re-direct point, then to the truck.

Latest posts

Back