Wood shed pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D2082

Reaction score
I am getting ready to build a new wood shed and building for my new OWB. I'd like to see some pics for ideas and some "do's" and don't. Also some "if I had it to do,over again, I would, have....." ideas. Thanks in advance.

I am getting ready to build a new wood shed and building for my new OWB. I'd like to see some pics for ideas and some "do's" and don't. Also some "if I had it to do,over again, I would, have....." ideas. Thanks in advance.
That's what I asked everyone when I was getting ideas for my shop. Got some good ones, so hopefully it will keep my do-overs to a minimum.

I don't have a building for my OWB, but I would recommend a steel roof on a building or shed near it.

Thanks. We are building a new house and will have a graded out spot for a furnace building and I thought I may have it attached to the wood shed or right next to it. I'm sure you and lots of others have some ideas and things they liked and didn't like. Appreciate you responding. New to this site, also, and am already learning tons by other's posts.

I'm on the fence for my OWB. I want to build a building for wood storage and size isn't really a concern because I have a tractor and will be loading the building several times during the winter anyway. I was going to build it over the OWB but after setting skids of wood 8' high all around it I've decided that the smoke is going to be a huge issue inside a building. Even with no roof over the piles it is so smoky that I get covered in it and my clothes smell sweet. I leave for work early in the morning so timing it with a burn just doesn't work. A fan would work but the owb is real close to the house and the extra noise of a fan powerful enough to get rid of the smoke quickly would be another issue. Have you considered the smoke issue?

More pics. Last picture is of the inside. I'm making a temporary building to see how I can deal with the smoke. I'm leaving one wall untarped for now to see if it makes any difference. I'm planning to build a wooden building but need to decide if I want to enclose the owb or not.
IMG_00002242.jpg IMG_00002244.jpg

Back