Wood Splitter Picture Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakers

Owner - Arbor Jake's Tree Service, LLC
Reaction score
Ive looked around thru the threads and couldt find one place for people to post pictures of their wood splitter set ups. if one exists already then point me to it. if not then lets make this the place and maybe down the road even a sticky. The splitters im refering to mostly are the home built or store bought and customized to work better for individual needs (add on log tables, 4 or 6 way wedges, log lift designs and build photos, etc). it be nice to have them all in one place

Excellent idea

Thats a great idea especially when looking at designing and building your own, as i have been researching . Definetly nominate it for a sticky thread because there are soooo many build threads and takes forever to go through looking at them...which i have been doing. Hope everyone else thinks so too, cuz we all LOVE pics and vids.

I've enjoyed using this splitter for 26 plus years. Added conveyor two years ago. Good old splitter but plan to bump it over and replace it with something faster this year. SS, DR, LogRite and Powersplit International are choices at this point. I like the handle action on the LogRite. Seems more natural fluid motion for the shoulder joint to 'lift' at the side of the body to engage. DR would be next with a forward motion lever. SS appears to have a 'lift' engagement which i imagine as awkward after hours of use and fatiguing. I know, the SS is the LogRite splitter, reconfigured. Powersplit Int. makes a waist high hydraulic vertical splitter with little repositioning of the wood for multiple splits, sweet, but way more (3x) expensive than the kinetic splitters. Kind of knocks it out of the field for me, but maybe down the road a few years and a kinetic splitter now. Looking forward to others posts.

I think it is a needed thing. The one thing I'd suggest is to have one sticky thread and have people put a link to their individual threads of their builds. That way you can include older threads and keep the clutter out of the sticky thread. If people "like" the builders link you basically have a built in rating system if readers think it's a good one. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Here is the one I use right now. It's kind of a community splitter. I'm going to be building my own soon.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Here's mine, 26" long log capacity, hydraulic log lift boom (picked up logs upwards of 700lbs) 6.5hp HF motor 11 gpm pump 4x24" cylinder, havent found a log it couldnt split yet. I've done some more modifications to it recently like add new bumper to the back with chain hooks and a few other things its kind of a constant work in progress

DSC_0004.jpg

SSPX0186.jpg

SSPX0184.jpg

Added slip in 4 way last year but think i'm going to modify it as soon as I get my new welder to a hydro adjustable 4/6way
SSPX0282e.jpg

When I decided to build a splitter I researched as many brands and styles of splitters as I could find. What I wanted was a splitter that offered the most operator comfort at a reasonable cost. A log lift, in and outfeed tables, 30 ton, eazily moved by hand on level ground, and be towable anywhere, woods or interstate.

I think it is a needed thing. The one thing I'd suggest is to have one sticky thread and have people put a link to their individual threads of their builds. That way you can include older threads and keep the clutter out of the sticky thread. If people "like" the builders link you basically have a built in rating system if readers think it's a good one. Just a thought.

Thats a great idea, maybe have one pic of the completed unit and a link to the build. I think is going to turn into an excellent research thread.

some nice lookin splitters there guys. keep em comin. id go take pictures of my splitter but it sits outside and with the snow the pictures just dont turn out on my camera.

View attachment 219415

Here is one that was heading for the scrap yard that was given to me. It needed a little engine work and a few other things but it works good only problem is it belt driven which works good but if anything breaks you have to make your own parts but still for the price not bad

219577d1327501307-011-jpg

219578d1327501328-012-jpg

219579d1327501348-013-jpg

219580d1327501820-014-jpg

219581d1327501842-015-jpg

pickupporter...
thats a nice looking, well built splitter. its nice and compact too. good job:msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
1970's Didier splitter:

before:

didier_before.jpg

and after ("lifted", 12v winch powered log lift and receiving table - log lift and table are removable) :

didier_complete.jpg

Modifications courtesy of Triptester. :clap:

Shari

Latest posts

Back