Wood Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wowzer, it was the suction line, the dude said it would be fine. I agree a filter is not critical but cheap insurance even on a closed system. My 36" splitter has a spare valve on it with quick couplers that I can use to run other things such as a lifter or even another splitter. This allows dirt and crap to get in the system so I put a filter on it. I would bet that most of the crap in a simple splitter is put there during the building process and not from wear when using it.
Wowzer, don't ever waste your time going to Princess Auto in Kitchener for hydraulic stuff, I have more fittings here than they have. Waste of a trip but I was going to Millbank Hardware anyway. Owen Sound has the best supply but it's a newer store to and all those rednecks up there like Wood Nazi like to build stuff so they have good stock.

Yeah I got the suction hose from princess in London it was like 7.5$a ft it's 1". I agree with Kitchener princess not having stock, and half the time there is no one there to ask questions too they just read off the products label to you. I have had real good luck in Owen Sound I went for the tank and they had the motor and pump combo on clearance for 1/4 the price of list. And the last 2 times I have been there, I have found lots of good manager specials on things I didn't need

not sure what your local regs require for lighting like if they can go one the fenders or if they need to be all the way to the back , but I would get a set of the magnetic lights for towing and just stick them on the log rack when in tow , cause any light on the business end of a log splitter is just going to get smashed by a falling round or split unless you build a cage around them

a 4 way wedge would also be great

not sure what your local regs require for lighting like if they can go one the fenders or if they need to be all the way to the back , but I would get a set of the magnetic lights for towing and just stick them on the log rack when in tow , cause any light on the business end of a log splitter is just going to get smashed by a falling round or split unless you build a cage around them

a 4 way wedge would also be great

There is light boxes on it already you can see in the 2nd last photo the wire comin back. Hoping to get it out this weekend and put some refelector tape on the fenders and on the end of the log rack will get a couple better photos then

Back