Wood stove and chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same here. not sure what the fuel bill was last week but pushin $150. diesel for the tractor, gas for the F-150,gas for the saws and gas for the splitter. oh and a couple of donuts at the gas station. like my dad tells people when they ask how much a load F/W cost. "the wood is free,your paying for time, gas and delivery".:yes:

This makes me feel a little better about being a ghetto firewood cutter. I use an almost free van with a truck bed liner in it, hand split everything, and stopped my gym membership because of all the manual labor involved. If I can stop collecting chainsaws I should definitely come out ahead.

Redirecting this old thread. I may have a chance to buy a Stihl 038. Just gone over by the guys at Cedar Grove. Not sure on a price yet and will have pics next week. Thoughts. From what I understand they are a one of the better saws Stihl may a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redirecting this old thread. I may have a chance to buy a Stihl 038. Just gone over by the guys at Cedar Grove. Not sure on a price yet and will have pics next week. Thoughts. From what I understand they are a one of the better saws Stihl may a long time ago.

A friend of mine here, a bit older than me, is a teacher, but has a farm and acreage on the side. He has had one since he bought it new, says he hasn't seen a tree yet he can't fall or buck up with it.

This makes me feel a little better about being a ghetto firewood cutter. I use an almost free van with a truck bed liner in it, hand split everything, and stopped my gym membership because of all the manual labor involved. If I can stop collecting chainsaws I should definitely come out ahead.

If you take care of them, and only buy deals, you should be able to at least break even on saws, if and when you want to sell them.

Been a long time but finally got the wood stove installed in the new house yesterday. Ran it today. And while it wasn't really cold out I had a small fire going and it raised the temp of the house from 65 to 70 in a few hours.

7d1b5a5b562988374e0530704c438cf8.jpg

Been a long time but finally got the wood stove installed in the new house yesterday. Ran it today. And while it wasn't really cold out I had a small fire going and it raised the temp of the house from 65 to 70 in a few hours.

7d1b5a5b562988374e0530704c438cf8.jpg

Nice looking living room area. Rustic.

Back