Wood work done until next year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
got all my wood spit for the next cold snap. Had my grandson over for a splitting session yesterday. I had about 6cord bucked and ready for the splitter. We started at 9am and finished at 3pm. Took a couple of water breaks, ate a piece of cake, but mostly stayed at it until done. The pics are after I took the tractor and pushed all the wood into one big pile. I'll let it dry until about Sept or Oct and then stack under the shed, altho I dont think I can get it all under roof

Attachments

• 0424161441.jpg
    0424161441.jpg
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 0424161443.jpg
    0424161443.jpg
    1,010 KB · Views: 127
  • 0424161444.jpg
    0424161444.jpg
    985.8 KB · Views: 103
Good for you, nice pile! Nice to have a helper and a splitter, I have me..maul..barn cats come over and stare at me "whut dat fo doin now"????

Last year I had two more young guys helping and the wood was stacked as we split. We did about the same amount of wood, in about the same time span except then I didnt have to worry about going back and stacking. Last years wood was left overs from the year before, this wood is all fresh cut at Christmas. Just hoping it will dry enough for winter. I have enough dry in the shed to last about half the winter so hopefully I wont have to burn to much semi dry wood. I'll probably take the tractor and turn the pile a time or two before I get around to stacking.

I'm in a good spot. but the woods I've cut in for years, might be sold to the county. it's going to be a challenge to find as easy pickings as I have had.

Attachments

• IMAG0486.jpg
    IMAG0486.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0485.jpg
    IMAG0485.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
I slow down in the late spring but we never stop cutting/splitting/boxing firewood... I split and boxed 3/4 of a cord this morning, mostly beech...

SR

All done for this year? That means you are available to help everyone else. I'm only 8 months behind you.

Remember, when you work when it's hot, you burn more calories. That's what grandpa told me. He started his Jon Deere tractor every morning at 6 am.

I'm afraid I wont be available to help anybody in a couple more weeks. Going to have a knee replacement done and doc said a minimum 3 months recovery. One reason I flew in and got my wood done when I did. With what I had left over from last year and what I just got split, I should be good for about 2 winters. I did the same thing last year when I had to have rotator cuff surgery. Had everything split and stacked by end of June. Had surgery in Sept, back to work wk before Thanksgiving. Best I can offer to those still gathering wood for this winter is moral support. Although I might be available to supervise on those days I dont have rehab.

All done for this year? That means you are available to help everyone else. I'm only 8 months behind you.

Remember, when you work when it's hot, you burn more calories. That's what grandpa told me. He started his Jon Deere tractor every morning at 6 am.
Just sweat more

Latest posts

Back