woods port saw video thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, I'll leave that for another time.
They run good with it on but better with it off,have metal ones on the way.

There at a deficit with cc's, need all the help they can get.
Working it wears a filter but 2 cuts on video it don't.
372 has no filter either,or choke.7900 has it all and is fastest.

What's the difference between the 365 and the 372, other than the times :).

One is 65cc and the other 71cc

The 365 is on a 372 chassis and the 372 is on a 365. Lol

Lol.
I do get that part as I've owned a few of each. Just wondering as I've seen 365's that were a lot faster than most 372's, but with basic porting the 365 would be a little slower.
You swapping monkey heads in the shop also :laugh:.

The 372 is a play saw with a big carb and no choke or airfilter, it's turned down a good bit and the 365 is a every day work saw.

Now that's what I was asking, I figured there was more into it than a basic woods port/work saw :). Certainly looks like its a great runner.

It's just a regular woods ported saw with a big carb and a big hole in the muffler.

I have the airfilter off both of them for the video,power killer they are

It's a work saw. Love it.

What, I'll leave that for another time.

interesting

What's the difference between the 365 and the 372, other than the times :).
48mm vs 50mm. I know the 365's can be either quad closed port or open port depending on if it's 365 (open port) or the 365 special (closed port). The transfers are restricted at the base almost like a XPW (51.4mm 75cc). But that can be fixed judging how good mine runs :)

The low top gains huge on a 394/395 much more than I thought, flows a lot better. The hi top filters so much better though. It's a trade off either way on a work saw. Been eyeballing the K an N filter they have for hi top or the mesh one. If the K an n is cheaper then oem that be nice.

The low top gains huge on a 394/395 much more than I thought, flows a lot better. The hi top filters so much better though. It's a trade off either way on a work saw. Been eyeballing the K an N filter they have for hi top or the mesh one. If the K an n is cheaper then oem that be nice.
A wire mesh low top filter is as good as it gets for flow.

I use to like the looks of the high top but I'm slowly liking the low better.

48mm vs 50mm. I know the 365's can be either quad closed port or open port depending on if it's 365 (open port) or the 365 special (closed port). The transfers are restricted at the base almost like a XPW (51.4mm 75cc). But that can be fixed judging how good mine runs :)
Thanks for the description.
So is this one closed or open, I'm getting confused ;).

Attachments

• 20170410_164321.jpg
    20170410_164321.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 28
Would you happen to have a K&N part number ?

I did notice the older part number oem hi top filters flow better than the newer ones. I think they made the felt a thicker weave 80 micron on newer ones. Not sure have to look at ipl again. I'll trade flow for filtering capability on a work saw though.

Back