Woods porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ported 361?

there were some very kind old hands that were sharing info long before those here,

Dennis (i know tough to imagine him as kind) was very generous with info perhaps not here.
Dan Henry has answerred any question I have ever asked.
Wayne Slayton gave me soo much and shared a great amount somewhere else
Adam Clarke, huge supporter
Brian Wright was more then willing to share what he was learning which was a lot.

There were others before but these were some of the builders I remember that made a difference.

also I remember people looking inside saws that others have built here and were critical of what they saw. It frankly irked me a little in the sense that perhaps we dont understand the reason someone choose to do things a certain way. it doesn't mean its bad. However it may not mean it is good.

David

Did you guys ever try to increase compression or advance ignition timing?

I think that's all part of knowing what to do, and why you're doing it...
But it IS possible to have something work out well on accident...

Luck......
It knows no boundaries...

Are you running any power valve cylinders? (I can't tell from the pic if that is one or not)

Power valves are for low and mid range power, and I want that exhaust port wide open, for "screaming" top end power, so they're plugged.

Power valves are for low and mid range power, and I want that exhaust port wide open, for "screaming" top end power, so they're plugged.

I can see where you would not want powervalves.

Personally on sleds I could not live without them since I have become spoiled by them. lol I'm a huge fan of the Servo operated ones found on Arctic Cat sleds. I can clutch a little lighter with powervalves

Latest posts

Back