Work bench in the woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also use a piece of plywood and either the back of my tailgate or a wheel barrel. Beats the heck out of working on your knees.

Hope you don't mind me borrowing your idea to work smarter rather than harder:bowdown:
Heck no‼ Borrow away‼
Truthfully I can't claim it was "my" idea.... I borrowed (and modified) the idea from a table granddad made that he set across the gunwales of his fishing boat.
He kept it from sliding around by drilling a couple holes in it, dropping pins through them and into the oarlock sockets.
Darn thing worked like a charm for riggin' lines, unhookin' fish, the occasional reel repair (or unsnaggling), eating lunch, and so forth... even playing checkers on a slow fish day.

LOL Granddad was the master at working smarter, not harder... he had home made "stuff" to make near anything "more easier".

Heck no‼ Borrow away‼
Truthfully I can't claim it was "my" idea.... I borrowed (and modified) the idea from a table granddad made that he set across the gunwales of his fishing boat.
He kept it from sliding around by drilling a couple holes in it, dropping pins through them and into the oarlock sockets.
Darn thing worked like a charm for riggin' lines, unhookin' fish, the occasional reel repair (or unsnaggling), eating lunch, and so forth... even playing checkers on a slow fish day.

LOL Granddad was the master at working smarter, not harder... he had home made "stuff" to make near anything "more easier".
It's a good day when you can recall good memories from time spent with you granddad. He would be proud of how his idea continues to spread to other interests, like firewood.

Latest posts

Back