workers comp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremewoodwork

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what happens if a tree company does not have wc and an employee of theirs is seriously injured on a customers property. Can the customer be held liable for simply hiring a company that does not have workers comp?

Thanks for your reply, it was just confirmed by the TCIA website. My rates have gone up from 10.3% to 38.3% due to someone in the insurance quote department checking the wrong box. Really sucks for a four year old company trying to survive in a struggling economy.

Thanks for your reply, it was just confirmed by the TCIA website. My rates have gone up from 10.3% to 38.3% due to someone in the insurance quote department checking the wrong box. Really sucks for a four year old company trying to survive in a struggling economy.

I hear ya brother. Got comp in my second year with first employee $30 on every $100. MY comp got as high as $800 per month. And now it is impossible, I have no employees. 3 yrs of that was enough for me. GOOD LUCK.:cry:

Latest posts

Back