Worst mistake you've made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tree mistakes...

I trimmed the wrong tree for a guy once. he said to go out and trim all the dead out of a half dead and rotten, previously topped ash tree. he said it was obvious which one he was talking about and this tree was in addition to a bunch of other work we were doing anyway so no big deal. found the tree, deadwooded and carved out the rotten old top that was a danger to the house. hard to make a turd look good but i did my best to spit polish that thing and i thought for what it was it was a nice, shinny, and safe turd. all done cleaning up and he comes out to pay then says, "i thought i told you to trim that tree there?".... pointing across the yard to a tree i had no reason to even consider looking at for any reason. it was on the property line and in the wide open with nothing a danger under it. tall skinny pecker pole, never topped but obviously hollow and rotting on the top. he was cool with the whole thing and laughed about it. he said he never realized the tree near the house was bad cuz he cant look up that high anymore but the other tree was an easy view out the window from his recliner and he saw a woodpecker working at it the other day. in the end i got paid for what i did on the mistake (1.5hrs), and donated the other tree he originally asked for (maybe 15 min including raking). been back there 3 times since for storm damage and general work.

theres many more but nothing terrible. i like to laugh about this one though

Back