worst saw ever made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many categories of worst chainsaw.

Worst quality old cheap saw: Power Mac 300 series

Worst quality new cheap saw: MTD/Craftsman/Mcculloch 42cc and 55cc

Wost old saw to work on: O&R Orline or Cox mini saws

Worst new saw to work on: 019t

Worst quality new name brand saw: Husqvarna 435 thru 455 rancher

Worst quality old name brand saw: Trail MFG Canadien saws sold under Husqvarna, Jonsered, Spartan, Partner, Skil, Danarm etc. name.

Worst quality new saw over $750: too many to chose from, and too many to anger here to make a statement on the record. Maybe if I could make a Stihlvarna MS472 Xtorq that would be both accurate and offend everybody.

Too many categories of worst chainsaw.

Worst quality old cheap saw: Power Mac 300 series

Worst quality new cheap saw: MTD/Craftsman/Mcculloch 42cc and 55cc

Wost old saw to work on: O&R Orline or Cox mini saws

Worst new saw to work on: 019t

Worst quality new name brand saw: Husqvarna 435 thru 455 rancher

Worst quality old name brand saw: Trail MFG Canadien saws sold under Husqvarna, Jonsered, Spartan, Partner, Skil, Danarm etc. name.

Worst quality new saw over $750: too many to chose from, and too many to anger here to make a statement on the record. Maybe if I could make a Stihlvarna MS472 Xtorq that would be both accurate and offend everybody.

Nobody should be offended unless they own one of the saw companies or built saws for them.

Shindaiwa, or however it's spelled my FIL willed to me back in the 90's,,,was truly a piece of junk as was the "Mac" I owned from the same era,,,JUNK.
My 1st couple years cutting firewood with those gems sent me to the JONSERED shop and I haven't owned any junk since then,,well, some might argue about the lil' echo in my sig, but those seem to be allrite as well.

i think these qualify in the worst made saws........................View attachment 298087View attachment 298088

298088d1370084271-%24t2ec16dhjhiffhl72lcjbrqkq7mmow%7E%7E60_12-jpg

A chainsaw with a ashtray :msp_w00t:

82cc Remington.Dad bought it new as a concrete saw.This was before there was a difference between the two.Later bought the 38" bar for bucking at the sawmill.We had a Frick #1 with a 60" blade and a 20' Four headblock carrage so we got some big stuff.Boiled the gas everytime.Didn't matter hot,cold,winter,summer,gas mix,two stroke oil type,tune it was a one tank saw....maybe.I got real good at laying out my cuts cause I knew once the meter started I didn't have long.Brother came home with an 850 ProMac it was like the Starship Enterprize compared to that Remington.

Remington

I had a Remington Mighty Mite Weekender II saw that lasted my 20+ years and was great. I paid about $75 for it at an Agway and it came in a blister package. I bought my father a later model (forget the name of it.) It was a little more expensive and had a lot of plastic parts. It was a horrendous piece of junk. I semi-retired mine after well over 20 years, taking it to the transfer station, still in running condition, and one of the workers there inquired about it and I gave it to him. For all I know it might still be running about 35 years into its life. I just got tired of the time and fooling around with it at that age. Other than not having a chain brake, there was not much wrong with the saw.

Alright, I drink Dolmar kool-aid so maybe I'm a bit partial to my saws but I haven't heard many ppl complaining about them. Is it cuz their that good or does nobody else run them? My dad was never a big stihl fan, he used to cut firewood with another guy and he said that the other guy was always messing with his stihl or using my dads homelite super xl to finish the load. My worst saw was a poulan, 4018 or 4218 can't remember which but it started hard, I was always adjusting it and I was throughly sick of it by the time I passed it on to my bro..

I have cut firewood for over 30 years I started with a 028 then got a 041 . Was cutting with farmer one day he had I think a 44 rancher with a white top he was just blazing through the wood . Just saying these were the worst saws I owned could never kept the bolts tight . I never look back ran husqvarna ever since .

biggest pos saw

worked on a few viper 4518 saws from earthquake cheap crap saws never stay running would break the chain break with in a few uses and would leak from every where on them when doing my pressure and vac test and the plastic is thin and cheap and the parts would come in used to repair the saw some would be scratched all over and they claimed it was new parts

the Homelite 330. Starters are junk, boots are horrible, oilers suck, too many pieces to them, power is very low for being a 53cc saw.

Back