worst saw ever made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran a wild thing never really gave me any problems I was young still have it carb is gummed up still fires should run but I'll not run it lol they ain't the best out there that's for sure I hate the new husqs sold at lowes they are awful similar to the wild thing

Probably more times then not, its the operators errors the saw is junk.
I used a Homy 360 in my early days and blamed the bar and chain failures on high rpms throwing off the bar oil, thought it was junk mainly cause of that, but if I knew then what I know and do now, might not of been so bad, even the new Husky 55 owned many years later which would be the worst saw I ever owned and used for myself, could of been cured mechanically had the right person worked on it soon enough and may be it would of not been so bad. I've heared though from multiple other local dealer sources though that you get significantly more small Huskies that need work then another major brand. Somebody mentioned Chinese Homies, about 90%+ I see that have been used are seized or so low on compression they are hardly usable in my book and worth little as parts. 019's + 031's are my less favorite saws to work, especially the 019 on but when they are working right fine, the 031 by the standards of that era are nice and balance with and run a 20" 3/8 bar fine.

I'd still be running 360's if it was not for that carb boot thing. Not as good as my 036's but I sure cut a ton of wood with them even if I did replace a few nose sprockets

The stihl ms 180 with that stupid non adjustable carb must be in with some of the worst. Pity because good little runner when no adjustments are required.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
^^^^^**THIS**^^^^^ F these saws, if they had an adjustable carb and a regular tensioner they would be nice little limbers. Also f anything stihl makes with easy 2 start.

The bay. Type in ms250 carb. Buy the adjustable one. Block the impulse port that is open with jb weld, open the other port blocked by a brass welch plug. Tune and done.

Also f anything stihl makes with easy 2 start.
My Dad got an MS250 with easy start some years ago when his shoulder was giving him problems. The fuel lines on that thing were defective but after I fixed that it works OK, and the easy start has actually been exactly what he needed. By this point I have a different brand saw with it too.

It's weird and I prefer a regular starter, but you get used to it and if you operate it as intended it seems to work fine.

My Dad got an MS250 with easy start some years ago when his shoulder was giving him problems. The fuel lines on that thing were defective but after I fixed that it works OK, and the easy start has actually been exactly what he needed. By this point I have a different brand saw with it too.

It's weird and I prefer a regular starter, but you get used to it and if you operate it as intended it seems to work fine.

A time and place for everything I suppose.

For me, hands down it's the Poulan 4218AVX and family.. I have 3 of them.. they all look brand new but none of the have any compression.. and I know the previous owner didn't straight gas them.

For me, hands down it's the Poulan 4218AVX and family.. I have 3 of them.. they all look brand new but none of the have any compression.. and I know the previous owner didn't straight gas them.
I don't know what them comp is on my 46cc poulan pos but it's been a good runner the whole time I've owned it. Oh yeah it hasn't been straight gassed, just gassed till it needs more

My dad run an ms180 w/ easy start for several years, my brother has it now, I've run it and like it considerably for a small saw. Many hours works great, never a problem I recall. When my dad was around 80 he went to an 021, but it was difficult for him to pull because of a bad shoulder. I bought him an Husqvarna 42 w/ a compression release but it needed pulled so fast it was no easier to start. Dad would have someone start it for him and go to the woods with it running in the back of his truck. Eventually I took him to the Stihl dealer when I learned of the easy start and he bought the 180 and was able to start it on his own the remainder of his wood cutting career. Since he could no longer split, he'd noodle all that would need split. I'd say it is a tough little saw. Cut wood with it until he was around 90 years old. Easy start works differently and if you pull on it like a regular starter it doesn't act like you expect and is probably hard on it.

I prefer a regular starter with decompression valve...

Latest posts

Back