Would it be worth buying a Husky 555??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYH1

Tacticle Chainsaw Operator.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Husky 555. I'd like to know if a 555 w/20" b&c will have noticeably more power over a NE346XP w/16" & 18" b&c? In other words, will it be worth buying a new 555 if I already have a NE346XP? My 346 works great for most of my cutting needs and it's nice and light. However, I have some bigger wood and would like a saw that will run a 20" b&c that won't brake the bank. I don't know how close the NE346XP is in actual cutting power to the 555. What do you guys/gals think??

Thanks, NYH1.

Or the 562. Same displacement as the 555 just more power IIRC. Obviously more money too though.

It seems like I read that the 555 is basically a detuned 562, is that accurate? Something about the transfer covers being slightly different and being able to be opened up to increase performance.

a little OT question is there any difference in the ignition coils on these saws?

well PM me i hate to muddy up this guys thread going off topic and all.

I used to think that way, but have since got rid of the 70cc saws and have 3-4 60s' now...

I have two 60s that I regularly use (a nice 359 and a 262xp). They don't replace a 70, nor do I think they are a noteworthy upgrade For Most People from a good 50.

Just my opinion, not trying to ruffle feathers.

Back