Would it be worth buying a Husky 555??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't you go outside and play with your girly man Fiskars. If weight was no issue, you would be swinging a 30lb monster maul and lugging a 3120xp like a real man.

There's nothing wrong with working smarter, not harder. You been on the cheer squad long?:)

I know what you mean. When someone gets on here and gives a differing opinion, it's called arguing. Especially when the 7-8 other cheerleaders come out and pile on. Well, if it's 7-8 to 1, then that "one" must surely be a "retard", "stupid", or just a plain old troublemaker. If his opinion isn't with the clique's, he is really just an idiot...right?

I really could careless who runs what. What motivates me is how the "special interest groups" come out of the woodwork to persuade a person one way or another. You might just be one of those people as I remember a conversation a while back with you and the Fiskars that left me scratching my head (don't take it personal). It doesn't intimidate me in the slightest that my views might differ from the norm. I'm not on here to win a popularity contest. I'm on here to learn, communicate with others (that are willing), and give others my opinions from my perspective. I'm not going to lose any sleep at night if someone (or many someone's) doesn't agree with what I have to say.

Golly, whatever made you think that I was referring to you? :) I gotta admit though, I wasn't sure you'd take the bait since you're already going at it with everyone else. But I do agree with you that there are "special interest groups" here beating the drum for one thing or another. Same thing applies to you Echo fans, although it is a somewhat smaller fan base. If you truly believe that you don't care "who runs what", then you and I are pretty much in agreement. What sets me off is not anyone's brand preference, but guys brand "preaching". I sell Husky and Jonny for a living, and I have no interest in jumping into other threads about other brands and telling guys to try a Husky or whatever. If some guys are discussing the 60cc Echo chassis and how much they are enjoying them, then it's obnoxious for a Stihl or Husky guy to wind up his mouth and insist that he has a better saw. And even worse to continue to hammer it because someone maintains an opinion that differs from their own. Some of the senseless bickering about which company does this that or the other thing makes it almost impossible to have an intelligent dialog in these threads.

Most of the of the blame for what you are experiencing in this thread lands squarely on your own shoulders. A guy asks about some Huskys and you jumped in preaching the Echo gospel. The fact that you ended up at odds with as many people as you did ought to tell you something. I know most of the guys you are yapping with and they are plenty cool. Your eagerness to argue with them, and most telling, your reaction to my earlier post in which I did not even mention you by name, suggests you are a little on the sensitive side. Relax a bit and enjoy the site. We can all choose to focus on what we have in common, (we're a bunch of saw geeks), or we can choose to squabble about which conpany has a better choke lever or what not.

Any of the saws in this thread, including the Echos are good quality saws that will put wood in the truck, which is the main objective here. Pointless nitpicking about their differences is nothing but verbal clutter that detracts from the site.

Well I went with the 365 w/20" b&c. I held a 562xp and a 365 side by side the other day and I honestly didn't notice much of a difference weight wise. At least not enough to make a big difference for what I'm going to use it for.

I'll use the 365 for felling and bucking larger trees and logs. I'll probably use my 346XP 75% of the time. Plus being able to convert the 365 to a 372 pretty easily seemed like the way to go.

Thanks for all the info, NYH1.

Well I went with the 365 w/20" b&c. I held a 562xp and a 365 side by side the other day and I honestly didn't notice much of a difference weight wise. At least not enough to make a big difference for what I'm going to use it for.

I'll use the 365 for felling and bucking larger trees and logs. I'll probably use my 346XP 75% of the time. Plus being able to convert the 365 to a 372 pretty easily seemed like the way to go.

Thanks for all the info, NYH1.

Nice choice between 2 great saws - I was on the fence with the 365 vs 562 as well, but went for the 562xp - then shaved an additional .40lb off by getting a Tsumura bar.

I also couldn't really tell the difference in weight between the 2 powerheads until I put them on the scale. The 365 was noticeably heavier - if memory serves - the 365 was about a pound + heavier than the 562xp, but I think the thinness of the 562xp was the clincher for me.

I'd like to hear how you make out with that conversion to 372 if you get around to it. The 365 is great bang for the buck.

Great choice! I have a 365 special with a 71cc 372xp top end on it and it's a runner, it pulls a 24" bar well in hardwoods.

Is yours a 365XT?

I ground the transfer covers and defeated the adjustment limiters on mine.
Unless I find a good deal on the filter conversion, I'll leave it alone.
The 365 is a great saw for the money.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
genestar, when I'm ready to convert mine into a 372 I'll be asking you how to do it.

Thanks, NYH1.

Buy a non-xtorc 372, you will have it for a lifetime, and its worth the price, my grandfather has a 555, do yourself a favor and get an xp. 50cc-60cc not a big difference.

Buy a non-xtorc 372, you will have it for a lifetime, and its worth the price, my grandfather has a 555, do yourself a favor and get an xp. 50cc-60cc not a big difference.
I already bought a 365XT and really like it. We're gonna get my son a new saw next. Probably a 545XP or 555, not sure. I'd even go with a 353 if I come across one in really nice shape for the right price. He's grown out of his first saw a Husky 435 w/16" b&c. He's done a really good job with that little saw.

How's your grandfather like his 555?

Thanks, NYH1.

I know you are trying to sell saws, but come on bud. Saying a 555 is "built as well as the more expensive pro model" is really stretching it in my opinion.

Wrong again - they have just made some changes to hit a lower performance and price point than the 560xp. Quality is the same, including metal handlebar and clutch cover.

Back