Would it send you strait to hell if......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay03

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
You powder coated or painted your stihl another color other then white/orange. Dont get me wrong the white/orange looks pretty good but man an all gloss black 361 would look pretty sick! In a good way lol. Not that I would do it cause ide be worried about warranty and resale but has anyone ever painted there saws another color? I searched and could not find anyone who has.

i vote for husky orange itl add 2 horse 3 tourqe

Cincinnati powder coating would do some on the side stuff usually. My friend had them quote us a price on some brake calipers before. I actually would not be worried about resale to tell you the truth tho since I will prob keep this saw forever. Maybe if the white starts to wear off ill think about it :).

Unless you want to strip the saw down for a complete rebuild, 2 part automotive paint will be easier than powder. My local powder guy strips and bakes everything(800*F to remove grease and oil), cleans, and powders, and then bakes at like 450*F.

2 part paints cure like epoxy and are impervious to fuel, unlike :censored:rattlecan paint.

Hmmmmm bend the handlebar, paint it black over red....almost a Jred!:clap:

Epoxy is your friend here. It's very resistant to petrol, solvents etc.

prepare the surface well, any grease and it'll peel off easier than a post-it note. same goes for any paint.

Yeah it would be a rebuild job most likely and would not copy a jonsered. Ide want it powder coated cause it holds up to scratching better. Just a cool thought an all black stihl with maybe some silver accents. It would be a long time before I attempted it on my 361 maybe if I got an old stihl to rebuild it would be a fun project. Most stihl die hards would prob roll over in their grave tho.

You powder coated or painted your stihl another color other then white/orange. Dont get me wrong the white/orange looks pretty good but man an all gloss black 361 would look pretty sick! In a good way lol. Not that I would do it cause ide be worried about warranty and resale but has anyone ever painted there saws another color? I searched and could not find anyone who has.

I bet that after john deere has the stihl line for a year or so, they will tell stihl to paint em green, and john deere gets what they want...

Just this weekend I've considered getting some good orange paint for my STIHL bars that need paint.

The whole saw?...I don't know about that.

This was all I found...
John Deere, the manufacturer of tractors and other agricultural equipment, announced Tuesday that Stihl will be the "preferred supplier" of hand-held power tools for Deere's dealers in the United States and Canada.
So they will still be sold under the stihl name with the stihl colors im sure.

I prob would not powder coat the plastic parts but ive seen it done before not sure how the process is different though. Though I think the plastic intake I seen it done on would hold up to heat better also.

Back