Wright GS 2520 Saw 1960's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_rat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Antique Wright GS 2520 saw for sale, runs great, and its looking for a new home, twin cylinder, recip blade (not a chain) all original equipment and its in pretty good shape for when it was made, a good sharpening and you can cut till the cows come home... awesome ole piece of equipment really....

make me an offer and we'll see what we can work out....

Have a good one!

Lawn Masters said:
Desert Rat? are you also on Steelsoldiers? the name sounds familiar.

no im not a member or never have been a member of steelsoldiers, and i have been made aware of the 50 post rule... im trying to help an old guy in the hood out ( SSI dependant guy who is as proud of his saw as he can be)....
not trying to get over on anyone here folks, im as straight up as they come, lemme run over tomorrow and get a pic or two and for those of you who have expressed intrest, im sure when this little transaction is over if you allow it, we'll know just what kinda person i really am :)

im far from the goody two shoes but one thing you'll never EVER be able to say about me is that im a liar or a thief.... on the contrary, thems the kinda folks what repulse me

if you kind folks that admin and mod the site can or will bare with me on this, my plans are to make a saw collector and an ole guy both tickled pink, while i make NOTHING on this deal, i can tell you being stuck in the house with a 1/3 of my spine MIA leaves little to do for the soul of a true at heart outdoorsman, once in a while i get the chance to do something for folks who need it worse than me.....

pics will be posted tomorrow some time

until then many thanks

:chainsaw:

Fyi

i have been approached by a member and am awaiting his response, he now has my home phone and name, yup im in the book too so he can verify, me thinks we might have a done deal .... many many thanks

Wright Saws

Here are a couple that I have been working on. The one in the foreground still needs to have the blade holder cleaned.

attachment.php

Locoweed said:

im running off info i found out about the saw, so yes, single may be what the 2520 is but something has to drive the recip blade, on the link you posted it states single cyl, perhaps they dont encompass the blade drive as part of "running engine" ie bore stroke and compression, i looked at the saw for about 10 min he fired it up and it ran like a champ, all will be resolved in the pics i post tomorrow, and i can take a few minutes to look a lil closer....

you can pick my post and comments aprt till the next time it rains in arizona, were at about 130 days now without precip.... it is what it is as am i who and what i say i am.....

PM me a price. I think that Could find a good home here in our Kansas.

Fred

Ok Desert Rat, I kinda thought you were someone from over on SS. apparently not. I appreciate the reply.

Admin and mods

I'd like to take a minute and thank the powers that be here @ Arboristsite for being flexible about this, if i had to wait around for 50 posts to get this rolling it would have taken all the FUN out of it, dont get me wrong, i like rules, a famous person once said "if it wasnt for rules we'd all be hangin upside down outta trees flinging crap at one another" but once in a while things just dont blossom the way we'd like to see them....

Thanks a lot Folks
and thanks to the rest of the crew here for being so straight up

Have a great week

TF

Hey does anyone have one of these Wright saws that is running and can possibly do a video of it in action for everyone to see. I am curious as hell to see how functional this saw is. The reciprocating one that is as shown in the pics in this thread.:clap: :)

Deal Pending

It appears as though the deal is done folks, barring any unforseen problems its done.

Many Thanks to the folks here @ ArboristSite :clap: :clap: :clap:

As much time as i have on my hands these days i recon i might just keep droppin in here and there, while im not a Arborist or a saw collector i am an old knuckle buster. The crowd here seems to be right down my alley.

Thanks Again :cheers:

TF

stihlatit said:
Hey does anyone have one of these Wright saws that is running and can possibly do a video of it in action for everyone to see. I am curious as hell to see how functional this saw is. The reciprocating one that is as shown in the pics in this thread.:clap: :)

If no one else comes up with one, I could probably do one in later this week. It is remarkably un-exciting to watch at work on hard oak.

So what did this sell for? Ihave one that I picked up at an auction, never tried to start it or anything. Id like to know what its worth.

If someone is just DYING to have it, make me an offer.

Latest posts

Back