Wright Saw Info help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clsharky

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the forums and I'm looking for some info on a Wright blade saw that I inherited from my grandfather. Visually, the saw is very similar to the Wright GS-5020A model, but the gas tank is different and there is no grille on the front of the housing, below the tank. The cap for the fuel tank is closer to the back and it mounts with two flat-blade machine screws through the front and two 3/4" nut and bolts in the back. It also has different markings on the recoil starter, the Fairbanks Morse symbol. It is copper in color and overall the saw is in very good shape. Although it sat around for ~10 years after my grandfather passed, it runs very well and only needed the old gas cleaned from the fuel tank. I replaced the plug and just sharpened both blades that I found on his workbench. Spec wise, I can verify that it has a 20" bar, Tillotson HL98 carburetor, and the spark plug is an NGK B6S.

What I'd like to find out specifically is the model number and production year of the saw. I don't see any other markings on it, aside from the 3 carburetor adjustment markings that are stamped onto the air cleaner housing. I took a couple of pics of it so that it may give a better idea to some of you. BTW, this saw works very well. It usually only takes two pulls of the pull cord and the choke to get it going, which is much easier to start than the majority of my garden equipment that is much newer.

Thanks for any help that is given.

Back