WTB Homelite 340 kill switch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomc460

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
image.jpg Can anybody steer me in the right direction on where to get my hands on a kill switch? Starts & runs fine but kill switch won't shut it down. I don't like the thought of having to pull the choke to shut it down. Here's a pic of switch & tag for model & serial number. Thanks for your help!

I use ereplacementparts. Often their prices are high do I'll get the part# from their site and check eBay. I got a# 96831. Found them on eBay, but it's just a toggle switch. I'd replace the toggle at the hardware store and save$10

That's what my 1st thought was. Bought a toggle & took switch out but the way it sits in there the new toggle wouldn't fit without either grinding where the switch slides in either bigger, OR drill a hole in the cover somewhere & just secure it with the nut. I don't want to "rig" it in any way. I don't plan on really using the saw but I want it fixed the proper way
I use ereplacementparts. Often their prices are high do I'll get the part# from their site and check eBay. I got a# 96831. Found them on eBay, but it's just a toggle switch. I'd replace the toggle at the hardware store and save$10

Understood. It is sometimes hard to find just the right part when it should be simple. Looks like you can easily get it off eBay though, so there's your silver lining!

Am I right in assuming that the switch meerly grounds the ignition on the 340 when switched to "off"?

I've got a 340 parts saw and the smaller displacement 290, both with no spark (again). If the switch grounds to stop, I can eliminate that as being the problem.

Latest posts

Back