X27 meets black walnut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure was splitting nice there! It makes a difference with a firm base like that, either frozen ground or a low wide block. Splitting directly on soft ground is a pain.

Too small IMO unless its for a fire place. Could'a just halved the two smaller ones and quartered the larger two... Splits like a dream, nice. Also, maybe consider trying a large black rubber bungee. It would be quicker to set-up and give a little more... or just keep on keeping on, doing good.

Yes I have lots of stuff like that.

I'm gonna help a friend real soon here cut up one in his yard, I'll keep some cookies for sure. I'd like another wall clock (two, one for a gift) and a few other craft pieces. I don't have a full chainsaw mill or anything, neither does he. Where do you get the clock mechanism?

There's some big black walnuts here, but unless they fall down or like that, I leave them alone. I've processed some of the big branches before though. They didn't have much of an exotic shape though, just plain round, I just burned them.

I'm gonna help a friend real soon here cut up one in his yard, I'll keep some cookies for sure. I'd like another wall clock (two, one for a gift) and a few other craft pieces. I don't have a full chainsaw mill or anything, neither does he. Where do you get the clock mechanism?

There's some big black walnuts here, but unless they fall down or like that, I leave them alone. I've processed some of the big branches before though. They didn't have much of an exotic shape though, just plain round, I just burned them.
i have a friend thaat is a gun stocker in england , he say me that the grains are more good if the walnut growing in dry places without to much water in the ground, example the turkish walnuts , maybe the most expensive, if it growing to a wet place not have good grains, but i dont know why this hapend, i just tell aa information that someone who work with the most expensive wood tell me.

Back