X27 meets black walnut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for example this is a exhibition stock maybe cost over a 6 or 7000 euros for just a piece, the work is of course extra
upload_2015-2-26_19-50-46.jpeg

for example this is a exhibition stock maybe cost over a 6 or 7000 euros for just a piece, the work is of course extra
View attachment 407362

Double wow!

I worked a few years part time in a gunshop before, big factory warranty place with "the old guy" in the back who could answer any question about anything that went bang. We were all good (well, learning to be good on my part), he was THE MASTER. He once had one of his custom built from scratch guns, I mean, every single piece he machined, including hand making the stock, as the cover on a shooters bible one year. I've looked though, this was before the internet, so there's nothing to point/link to.

Double wow!

I worked a few years part time in a gunshop before, big factory warranty place with "the old guy" in the back who could answer any question about anything that went bang. We were all good (well, learning to be good on my part), he was THE MASTER. He once had one of his custom built from scratch guns, I mean, every single piece he machined, including hand making the stock, as the cover on a shooters bible one year. I've looked though, this was before the internet, so there's nothing to point/link to.
Τhink that theese people make guns for the customers body , fat , thin , short , tall , et fingers, and many others its like to make a suit for someone but from wood, they make guns that cost over 100 or 200 euros or dollars everything you want no matter, just look at holands&holands, purdeys, verney carrons, merkels, griegchoff, perazzi, and of course the americans parkers.

Τhink that theese people make guns for the customers body , fat , thin , short , tall , et fingers, and many others its like to make a suit for someone but from wood, they make guns that cost over 100 or 200 euros or dollars everything you want no matter, just look at holands&holands, purdeys, verney carrons, merkels, griegchoff, perazzi, and of course the americans parkers.

Sure as heck some real beautiful ones out there, and spendy!

My very valuable black walnut tree is very valuable it is very valuable..... thanks for the laughs guys, memories

Thank you for all of the kind words and interest. Firewood warms us physically, visually, audibly and culturally! Good stuff. Some walnut was saved for tool and knife handles, firearm applications, and the straighter pieces to be milled for a small table. This harvest took place last weekend near the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Thank you for all of the kind words and interest. Firewood warms us physically, visually, audibly and culturally! Good stuff. Some walnut was saved for tool and knife handles, firearm applications, and the straighter pieces to be milled for a small table. This harvest took place last weekend near the Black Hills of South Dakota.
Where abouts in the Black Hills area? I didnt think they had much of any Walnut out there.

Trust me, I understand that some trees are worth a lot as saw logs. Just go easy on the guys who don't.
relax man we dont do or say something bad for theese guys, we just tell that if you can find something cheaper for fire, dont need to burn a very beautifull and expensive wood.
to tell you more simple how many cm3 of fire woods can buy , if you sale a 1 cm3 of good walnut to the furnitures industries.

Back