Xtorq porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt 1183

Addicted to arborist site
Reaction score
I am working on a 576 autotune and will be working on a 562 and 555 . I am wondering about the port timing.. Mostly the intake and strato ports. As I understand the xtorqs respond well to a couple degrees more blowdown. Is it best to match the intake and strato timing ? Or should one lead ? The 576 im working on the main intake is about 3 degrees advanced of the strato ports before any modifications. Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

No ideas on intake timing? Should both intake and strato intake open at the same time or should one lead the other?

I am working on a 576 autotune and will be working on a 562 and 555 . I am wondering about the port timing.. Mostly the intake and strato ports. As I understand the xtorqs respond well to a couple degrees more blowdown. Is it best to match the intake and strato timing ? Or should one lead ? The 576 im working on the main intake is about 3 degrees advanced of the strato ports before any modifications. Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

What did you end up doing? Did it wake up the 576?

I ended up matching the strato and main intake.

It seems to me to give the best velosity once the ports open.
Much more experementing is required though.

Latest posts

Back