yo-yo help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeiss

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Played with this a few times. RAD setup. What do you do with the pulley when you descend?

Thanks

Yep, and I believe it answered my question which I was fairly certain I already knew. I just wanted to see if I was missing something.

Don't use a fixed pulley. I think the one he used wasn't. So why does the Petzl diagram use a fixed one (like the one I bought...)?

I unclip the thing from the acsender, then attatch to my saddle, and then it seems silly to have it flopping around when coming down.

Unless someone tells me otherwise I am going to buy another pulley where the sideplates swing open.

yoyo help

So what pulley do you reccoment for the yoyo? Maybe this would have been the fastest way to do it

yoyo help

Thanks for the replies! I put this together since I had just about everything I needed. So I looked up the RADS system diagram and they used a fixed pulley. I don't remember anyone saying use a swing open type pulley in other yoyo/RADS posts when I researched this. I should have watched the moss video first.

namaste

So a Petzl Fixe pulley won't even fit over a rope? I've never looked at one up close but I just presumed that the end gap would be large enough.

fixe pulley

It fits over the rope, the problem is you can't take it off when you come down.

It fits over the rope, the problem is you can't take it off when you come down.

So the end gap between the plates is too small for the rope? You can't add or remove the pulley from the rope in mid-line?

ive used a fixe for a yo-yo set up plenty of times. it works fine. you absolutely can add or remove the fixe pulley mid-line. ive attached/unattached the fixe mid-line on up to 13mm rope. not sure where the idea that you cant slip it over the line came from... but you can.

yoyo

I guess you can but i believe you need to haul up the tail of the rope and pull through. Or I am missing something?

yoyo

I'l try again when I get home, it seemed pretty tight last time I tried.

ive used a fixe for a yo-yo set up plenty of times. it works fine. you absolutely can add or remove the fixe pulley mid-line. ive attached/unattached the fixe mid-line on up to 13mm rope. not sure where the idea that you cant slip it over the line came from... but you can.

:agree2: yeah i've used it and it unattaches from mid-line.

I guess you can but i believe you need to haul up the tail of the rope and pull through. Or I am missing something?

Your last post was a few days ago, if you haven't answered already...

I use the petzl fixe on my rads setup. Works great. I think you are missing something, the rope goes between the pulley sheave and the biner, not on the backside where the side plates come together. You take off the biner, rope comes out. Not much different than with a split plate pulley, you take the biner off, rotate one of the side plates and the rope comes out.

Latest posts

Back