Yo-yo-ing a Cat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we've done it around here with log skidders...talk about a work out...skidder won't pull the hill with or without logs, so u get another skidder to lower you down or a loader with a pull rope to pull you up...you know it is steep when the only way to get out of the skidder is to climb out onto the back tire!!! pull down till you run out of cable form the winch machine and back yourself up to a tree preferably, and then hook up to some logs. if anyone is real interested i will tell about how the whole thing works.

so yea..it gets done

Saw a couple big cats doing that on a steep hillside but they wern't skidding logs. Some rally steep hills tho.

Yup. The way the two old guys talked the slope was somewhere beyond vertical:hmm3grin2orange: I'd take that with a grain of salt but I still wish I could see it done. I'll have to take Dad to the VFW more often and see if those two show up again.

Ask them if they had fights with their cats. Two old guys were telling me how in their younger days they used to try to tip the other on his side by pushing at each other in their machines. They might have called it wrestling with cats? The one who was upright won. Sounded crazy to me but you probably had to have been there. We use yarders now on a lot of ground that was cat logged.

Ask them if they had fights with their cats. Two old guys were telling me how in their younger days they used to try to tip the other on his side by pushing at each other in their machines. They might have called it wrestling with cats? The one who was upright won. Sounded crazy to me but you probably had to have been there. We use yarders now on a lot of ground that was cat logged.

I've never seen guys try to tip each other over but I have seen back to back pulling contests...especially when a new Cat comes to the woods and the arguments start about how good they pull.

Latest posts

Back