you bastids out cutn er what?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I made a call to Jordon's operations/Logistics manager who I new from another coast falling company some years back and he sent me all the policies and such but the word hadn't trickled down yet. 40 min later I get the call. YEAH. He's openings back up on the coast on the 19th too but busheling is my game still. Bought a new lid and 6 K&H.
The Guy still had the Snowmoble in Vancouver I had been set on but when I said I need registration he seemed to get cold feet even know he has a pic on Craig's list with a Plate on the side of it...lol
That's all I needed to Know. That sucks but good day all 'n' all.
I'll Buy one this weekend and back over the hills. No Mechanical on any of his beetle jobs which is awesome. Last year I went as an employee and got the scraps. The bunchers took all the big sites. 4 hours travel as well as sledding into your wood on top of that. I'm rolling the dice again. This year seems its going to pay out leaving that last job. Looking a lot more promising. There will be sites that'll break your back and break your spirit, But you have to push on believing... "pencilville'! ..next stop!...

No wood left round here, just as well. It's so cold here it would freeze the balls off a brass monkey.
Mostly just recutting the cut I'd already cut. Lol

LOL...most of us that went camping are home again but I doubt very much if many of them will come back here. Can't really say that I blame them.

I'm not doing any cutting and probably won't be for quite a while. We lost most of the sale on our family ground to last summer's fires and wound up selling what was left to a chip outfit.
There wasn't much that would have made decent saw logs after the fire and the price was lousy anyway. We'll have to decide whether to replant or just sell the ground and get out of it entirely. There are people interested in buying it but the land has been family ground for several generations. We have other ground we can log but we hadn't planned on touching it for a few more years.
We did manage to do a lot of remediation before the rains started and so far....fingers crossed...the erosion from what has been the wettest winter on record has been minimal.
We'll see what happens this Spring when the snow and mud go away.

In the meantime I'm doing a lot of fishing. I've been cutting bait. ;)
How does it feel chump? Paybacks are a biatch aren't they?
Don't make me come down there!
Freakin *****! Lol

Well I made a call to Jordon's operations/Logistics manager who I new from another coast falling company some years back and he sent me all the policies and such but the word hadn't trickled down yet. 40 min later I get the call. YEAH. He's openings back up on the coast on the 19th too but busheling is my game still. Bought a new lid and 6 K&H.
The Guy still had the Snowmoble in Vancouver I had been set on but when I said I need registration he seemed to get cold feet even know he has a pic on Craig's list with a Plate on the side of it...lol
That's all I needed to Know. That sucks but good day all 'n' all.
I'll Buy one this weekend and back over the hills. No Mechanical on any of his beetle jobs which is awesome. Last year I went as an employee and got the scraps. The bunchers took all the big sites. 4 hours travel as well as sledding into your wood on top of that. I'm rolling the dice again. This year seems its going to pay out leaving that last job. Looking a lot more promising. There will be sites that'll break your back and break your spirit, But you have to push on believing... "pencilville'! ..next stop!...
Good to hear! What kind of wood are the beetles killin up there?

Good to hear! What kind of wood are the beetles killin up there?
"What kind"? The small kink I hope.. Lol
The is MPB..(Mountain Pine Beetle), is this case. We have spruce Beetle and Fir Beetles too. The Fir Beetle go into trees that are down so they have contracts to fall trap trees as well. It was widely understood By BC residents that the MPB 'started' in Tweedsmire park here and was/is becoming an epidemic as the winters were getting typically warmer. Much has gone into the states now. When I can on here a few year ago I heard @paccity speak of 'fighting them' in the '80's so I looked into it and found they were first discovered a bevieve in the 1890's in the black hills in ND. They have changed the name since though. I'm sure they had traced them almost as far as Mexico.
They actually came out of dormancy in 3 areas in BC. They like the bigger Pine as they have more protection from the cold. I would like to know more about what people here know about it before this recent epidemic hit.

Maybe it's time we all buried the hatchet, and that doesn't mean between someones shoulders. Lol
One becomes quite humble when you're in a tangled stand of basturd growth.
John

The is MPB..(Mountain Pine Beetle), is this case.

I am losing my lodgepole pines to MPB here. They are 'supposed' to be more resistant to them, but this year's summer heat + beetles did some of them in. Now I have some dead snags to cut, but they will make good firewood. I inspected the trees here when I bought this place 5 years ago, and noticed the beetle damage to some of the pines. It has gotten worse in the past few years. I also have canker on some pines as well. Damn bugs and fungus! Never mind the fires here. These dead pine snags would go up like torches if I left them standing.

"What kind"? The small kink I hope.. Lol
The is MPB..(Mountain Pine Beetle), is this case. We have spruce Beetle and Fir Beetles too. The Fir Beetle go into trees that are down so they have contracts to fall trap trees as well. It was widely understood By BC residents that the MPB 'started' in Tweedsmire park here and was/is becoming an epidemic as the winters were getting typically warmer. Much has gone into the states now. When I can on here a few year ago I heard @paccity speak of 'fighting them' in the '80's so I looked into it and found they were first discovered a bevieve in the 1890's in the black hills in ND. They have changed the name since though. I'm sure they had traced them almost as far as Mexico.
They actually came out of dormancy in 3 areas in BC. They like the bigger Pine as they have more protection from the cold. I would like to know more about what people here know about it before this recent epidemic hit.
With all the bugs and germs around here it will be amazing if we have any trees left in the next 20 years. I knew the pine beatles were in the western U.S. didnt realize it went that far north.

Well its 9 with a windchill of -7 currently. -6 tonite. Winter is really here. Hope it stays til April now.

Latest posts

Back