You burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
42 deg 20mph west wind I lit the woodburner yesterday and it will mostlikely stay lit till may .just burning poplar for now , sugar maple and hickory for when real winter gets here .

Tomorrow night.

Been nursing a torn meniscus in my knee, but finally got some wood brought up from the piles to the house...but it was borderline lighting the stove tonight v. being too hot inside so one more evening of electric heat.

We've been in a warm day / cool evening pattern, though Friday was the one of the muggiest days in October I've experienced o_O

Had my first fire last night warmed the house up and let it go out ... Going again tonight 39 outside now, and 76 in here, I'll let it go out again..

I'm about to run out of patience. This is shaping up to be the first year in the ten that I've lived here that I haven't had a fire in October. I normally wait until it drops into the low 40's and even then I can get the house too warm if I'm not careful. Looking at the local forecast it will get down to 46 on the 31st. At least it will finally drop out of the 50's later this week. :cry:

So far this year I have only had a fire in the morning. Wife likes it cool for sleeping so no night time fire. Who else only burns in the morning?

Lit my stove tonight.....first of the season Calling for 32 low this evening. Sure is nice to sit by a warm stove on a cold night.

First fire in the OWB yesterday, not sure how long I'll keep it going, 45* today 26* tonight. Saturday gets back to the 50'sand 40's that might do it. Had the stove fired a few nights and let it go.

Supposed to warm up here. Calling for highs in the 30s! Been single digit lows, low 20s for the highs the last several days.

record temps here for next 5 days means no fire untill nov 1 for sure pretty amazing

Yesterday we had Snow up here in the hills, wet heavy crud below us was all rain. Trees were sagging and it did a number on my tent over my pile of 8 cord for the OWB. We were ready for another storm like we had a few years ago in October where trees went down all over and we lost power for a week. Thanks to GOD we had rain come in last night and washed the inch of crud away. Teach me to leave the tent up so late. The tarps to cover the wood after I take the tent down are sitting in the truck. But 1st I need to get a new well pump and change that. Good thing I store water for times like this and we have a hand pump well I put in after the last big storm. But with the OWB going the house is at 70*. Time to go feed the OWB.

Back