You burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have not yet seen a frost and there is almost no chance of frost in the ten day forecast. It's almost unreal that we are going to be into mid October before it even starts to cool down.

This will be the first night I'm not running the A/C. Getting to be time to start bringing wood into the attached garage for real. I have some bins of odds and ends inside now. I like to keep about a month's worth inside. I can tell the difference with the wood inside for just a week vs straight from outside. Mostly starting is faster and max temp is reached slightly faster.

High temp 48* today. The crap thing is its that warm at around 1400 till around 1700.

We have not yet seen a frost and there is almost no chance of frost in the ten day forecast. It's almost unreal that we are going to be into mid October before it even starts to cool down.

Same here. I'm not complaining, since we're getting some extra innings out of the garden, but there is something about that first frost. Especially how it kills something that aggravates my allergies.

0930, 34* now. I hate this time of year, hard to heat the house properly or even dress. Might be 55* this afternoon or hardly warm up.

Cool and damp here. Rainy. Good day for a burn.

This is just off my starter load, small splits and kindling. Secondaries going after 5 minutes.

bc0eafac02bc0abcafed68a23540e5d4.jpg

sent from a field

Same here. I'm not complaining, since we're getting some extra innings out of the garden, but there is something about that first frost. Especially how it kills something that aggravates my allergies.
My eyes have been killing me much earlier in the fall than normal. Fortunately OTC allergy eyedrops work wonders.

There were still millions of mosquitoes out as of a week ago, haven't had time to be out at dusk to see if they are still around.

Got down to 49 last nite and 90 today. Went fishing in shorts and tshirt and liked to froze going down the lake. Didnt last long before i was sweating. It was a good day of fishing, even tho I didnt get a single bite. Any day of fishing is better than the best day at work.

so I burnt a full fire in the stove tonight. It did great but a couple questions. The hottest the stove got was 750F according to my RF gun. The hottest the surface of the blackpipe got was 300F. I think my numbers are doing good but the stove seems a little hot. How hot do the old Fisher "bear" stoves get? Hotter than EPA stuff?

so I burnt a full fire in the stove tonight. It did great but a couple questions. The hottest the stove got was 750F according to my RF gun. The hottest the surface of the blackpipe got was 300F. I think my numbers are doing good but the stove seems a little hot. How hot do the old Fisher "bear" stoves get? Hotter than EPA stuff?

I've never personally burned in one, but by reputation in my area, they are known as a stove that throws a lot of heat.

Yea this thing gets scary hot but the flue temps look good. My old Huntsman stove seems to run the same temps

Down to 31 last night but today it's going to be 60ish. Insert is clean pipe is clean and wood is all stacked and ready to go. Next project will be helping a bad squirrel friend who hasn't put up his wood for winter! The good part of that is it earns me private land Elk hunting.

Back