You burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started 2 hour burns this week at night to keep the chill out of the house....strictly the splitter scraps so far.

lighting the owb on cold nights. mainly playing. cleaning up scrap wood. adjusting the door yada yada.maybe 6 burns, including tonight. needs a new door gasket, just havent bought the rope yet. then its down for 24hrs, then up for the winter shortly after. this new heatmor 200 blows the 100 away!!

84 here now and fixing to light a bondfire for our full moon church group . Don't worry it wont be a very big fire ,we just burn some limbs tell it gets cold then we fire it up ,burning junk from wood pile splitting area .

It's been better than a month with the windows open....no sign of needing heat...heck I pressure washed my moms house today in shorts and no shirt , temps in the low 8o's.

The coldest morning was 40° with a inside temp in the low 60's which is great for getting my eyes open at 4am climbing out of the shower!

I'll take this weather straight into next spring.

Supposed to be close to 80 today so no burning required. Maybe later in the week but then only in the mornings. Haven't even had a good killing frost yet. We may pay for this good weather later this winter.:dizzy:

Been burning at night to warm up house overnights since the 10th of October.
High of only 10 C here today.... Frost warnings here on weather network.
Great time to cut and split though and I'm off all week until new shift on Friday night.
Going to go pick up some free 8" stove chimney nearby. Guy has 9-3foot sections of 7" I/D Selkirk for free, with the cap.
I'll start the stove now before I leave as they say it will dip down to freezing tonight.

I had one small fire the other morning but I will have the a/c on tonight. It got into the 80s today and it is still 78 up in the bedrooms. Too hot for sleeping.

We haven't even gotten a real frost yet. I was out mowing at 7pm in shorts tonight and the wild garlic is all over like springtime. The leaves are barely starting to turn.

Started burning everyday a week ago. Highest temp in 14 day forecast is 10°c so it looks like I'm gonna keep burning.

Attachments

• 20161014_220629.jpg
    20161014_220629.jpg
    951.2 KB · Views: 14
Started a small fire to cook off the new paint smell after refinishing my 1557 garage furnace that was hit by the flood, since hadn't hooked the ducting yet.

Didn't get it very hot though, about 200* or so, but was so hot in the outbuilding by the afternoon that the fans wouldn't turn off, had to unplug them.

Will wait till a little cooler and get it up to temp, but will have to do soon before it gets too cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back